Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Marcus Miller fans

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Little G, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hi Guys

Do you want to win a signed copy of Marcus' M2 cd. Take a look at www.basstech.uk.net. There is an interview with him and a competition to win the cd. :bassist:

2. ive got an autographed t-shirt :cool:

It would be pretty cool to win a CD with his autograph But, If you want his autograph, just go to one of his shows if you have a chance and he usually signs autographs after the show.

3. Pretty sweet!

4. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Valid point matt

His is one of the only bass players who really takes time out to meet his fans.

There are still those though who don't get a chance to see him. It's been 2 years since I have had the chance as he has not been to the Uk since.

Hopefully this year or early next year he may make it to promote his new album :cool:

5. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    His shows are some of the best I've scene. And he does hang out after to sign autographs. He signed a cd and concert poster for me the last time I saw him. Really a class act. :cool:

6. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Well, I guess he doesn't. Bibi Green old me that I should just find someone of the crew and he would let me see Marcus. I was there 5 minutes after the show ended and they told me that Marcus was allready gone. How nice... :spit:

7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    So is he a nice guy or a jerk? :confused:

8. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    The last time I saw him he was the only act so he was able to stay afterwords for about an hour. I've also scene him at festivals and it's not the same because of all the back stage security. But he was a really nice guy to everyone at his solo show. :meh:

9. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I'll take your word for it.

Gotta start my Marcus collection now! :D

10. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey Lenko

Sounds like you got a one off there :bawl: I know on his tourss he is sometimes in one country one day and another the next morning so he sometimes gets straight on a bus or a plane right after a gig to make it thier.

Electricmayhem
    You should definatley check out some of his solo albums or other albums he has played on (of which there are many).

11. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey Kong

Yeah I'm waiting to see if they air it over in the UK.Europe :cool:

12. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I recently picked up some of his CD's
    M2
    Ozell double CD
    and found a used copy of Tales for 5 bucks.
    Great stuff.

13. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    You should buy his other live CD...i think it was recorded in Japan. I don't like The Ozell Tapes; Marcus' playing is great and so is the music, but the sound is not very good (because everything was recorded on minidisc only) IMHO. I think that the label only wanted to make some extra money... :meh:

14. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    He didnt when he was here! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: