1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any one familiar with the Silver Creek thin line EUB?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by RavenRP, Feb 26, 2008.

1. RavenRP

RavenRP

Jan 4, 2008
    After waiting for seven weeks on the back ordered Bellafina from MF, I have decided I may try for another one instead. :rollno:
    The Silver creek: It is not the one I originally wanted. It does not have the thinner neck or as pretty of wood veneer, but it does have the ebony board and comes with a cheap electric pickup system. They have it in stock and they offered me a pretty sizable discount from its posted price as I have waited so long for the other. I have spent some time with silver creek guitars and I think they are pretty nice stuff for the money.:bassist:

The thinner body could be a good thing in some ways such as transport, but I was originally after a regular normal sized affordable bass with an ebony board. I want an affordable, abuseable, pretty dog house that isn’t to hard to play and learn the upright way of the world on. Are their others I should consider for the$ 700ish range? If so are their links’?
    If it is out of my means I’ll have to walk away from the whole upright thing as I just can’t justify something I may or may not take to, so I need to keep this approachable in price and accessible in how to find and purchase the blasted thing.
    I was so hoping to be bragging or crying about my bass by now.

The bass in question
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Silver-Creek-Electric-Upright-34-Bass-?sku=470314

The Bellafina I originally ordered in case anyone was wondering
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bellafina-Model-50-Upright-Bass-Outfit?sku=470251

Thanks in advance for any replies, and yes I know I deserve this for going the MF rout.:bag:

2. Hi, and welcome on the EUB forum!

I invite you to use the Search engine on the forum as this instrument has been discussed previously.
    Feel free to post comments or questions in the threads you'll find!

Best regards,
    François
    TB mod