Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any online Stores for DB parts?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Samie, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I have been trying to reach Bob hollihur at his contact email with no success. Is he still runing the site? Maybe cause of thanksgiving?

I am looking for an endpin assambly, an adjustable bridge, a tailpiece string(chord), and some corelli 370M.

The hole in my DB is 2.8cm(1.1 inch) so I need to check before I order.

Thanx

I am in madrid, spain. Europe.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

3. droo

droo

Nov 1, 2004
    Oxfordshire, UK
  4. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
  5. jstiel

jstiel Jim Stiel

Jun 5, 2004
    Lake Orion, MI
    A tailpiece cord that is commonly used - Samson Amsteel 7/64" HMWPE Samthane gray 12-strand braided cord - sells for widely varying prices from $.22/foot to about $8/foot. It is often sold by marine outfitters. Do a Google search and you will find a number of suppliers. A carrick bend knot works well. Tie it a little short because it will stretch a bit as the knot tightens.

6. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
  7. Bob Gollihur

8. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I responded to every one of your emails. We were, like everyone else in the US, closed on Thanksgiving.

9. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Strange, I only received 2. One was without any text from you, the other was the very last one.

Now I do receive your emails

I had sent you 3 other emails from my hotmail acount.

As I tell you in my last email, I will probably go with the spiros. I am going nuts over this string brand issue.

cant wait to place my order. :hyper: