1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any other eBassguitar subscribers here?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Yonni, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    I’m not involved in the website but I signed up this week. Hope it’s ok to post this but I cant find a thread on it anywhere so maybe it’s not well known yet? Looks like he’s been going for a couple of years and seems to be aimed firmly at beginners to intermediate, which sounds like me! Can’t remember how I found it but must have been on YouTube and came across his channel. I’d contacted a couple of local teachers who haven’t got back to me in 2 weeks so I was looking for some inspiration. I bought a short course for $9.99 and liked it and after looking at some of the resources I thought I’d sign up and see how it goes. I’ve had a personal email from James this morning and I have a 15 minute Skype with him on Monday which should be interesting.
    Anyone looked at it or thinking of signing up?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. reddog

reddog

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Hi. Doing some basic courses. So fR so good.

3. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    I’m working through the riff master course with the backing tracks. I’ll wait until I’ve spoken to James before I delve into anything deeper. I’ve looked at some of the free one-off lessons and I like his style. He’s quite natural and obviously passionate about the bass. I’d looked at Scott’s bass but that looks more advanced to me so maybe I’ll graduate from one to the other or maybe this one will grow with me. Who knows? So far I like it though.

4. reddog

reddog

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Yeah, the lessons are very concise. You don't have to listen to any unrelated banter.

5. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    Had my Skype call with James on Monday. Very good chat. He very much sees the Bass Lab Plus as having an end point in that it gets you to a good level of competency. We talked about whether there is a kind of pathway through the courses. He didn’t feel there was a single way, which Makes sense, but he is thinking about perhaps putting up some sort of guidance in the future. Anyway, I came away from the chat inspired and with a plan for my next three courses. I’m racing through the Absolute Beginners Course in case I’ve picked up bad habits or missed anything in the 2 years I’ve been playing. Then I’ll take on the Essential Technique course followed by the blues course. James recommended doing fun stuff at the same time as the Technique course to keep my motivation up. I’m also working through the Hal Leonard book to help with reading as well as learning songs for fun along the way. Hoping to get a gig worthy amp in the next month or so and look for some people to jam with or a band to join. Let me know how you get on with the courses.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020