1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ANY other left handers out there??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Neon, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Neon

Neon

Oct 28, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    Hi
    Thought i might as well ask;)
    Cheers
    Neon(u.k)

2. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Yes there are. Welome. There's a dedicated thread for us in the Miscelaneous sub-forum. How's it going? What do you play? Let's complain about how hard it is to try out basses before buying!

3. Neon

Neon

Oct 28, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    Hi
    Nice to meet you.I wonder how many left handers are here?
    At the moment just a regular Entry level P-Bass but it does the job.It frustrates me at the low availablity of Left handed Basses.
    What about you?
    Cheers;)

4. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    I'm lefty too

5. Neon

Neon

Oct 28, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    Nice to meet you.You got a nice looking Bass there Mate.;)

6. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    Im lefty. But I play righty. Which I always wondered why the two werent switched... especially for guitar. I just think that youd want your dominant hand on the fretboard rather than holding a pick

7. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    If you think it's hard to get leftys now, you should have tried to find one 20 years ago. I like the individuality of being a lefty, but finding lefty basses (even now) is pretty tough!

8. Neon

Neon

Oct 28, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    I guess its what feels natural to you.If that works for you then thats a good thing:)

9. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    My presence here is obligatory. :D

Check out the link in my signature - I started a special group for those of us on TB who are left-handed: the Lefty Union!

10. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Alright, you caught me. I play lefty but I write righty. When I'm learning a new school, it seems pretty random as to which hand I'm going to use as the dominant. I do a lot of stuff lefty, including play. It is INREDIBLY frustrating trying to buy gear. I don't think there is a whole lot of "individuality" or visual apeal to lefty playing - if I COULD play righty, I would, just for the ease of finding basses and being able to play other's basses when I have the opportunity. But anyway, right- handed doesn't make any sense. Why have your dominant hand doing the easier job? So really, I'm just the REAL right handed player.

11. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Lefty that plays righty here

12. Neon

Neon

Oct 28, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    I know.The choice isn't that good is it.I have been tempted to buy a rg:smug:iht hander several times and alter it like you did probably 20 years ago but i don't see why i should have to..lol

13. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I wouldn't buy a righty with alterations. It doesn't feel the same (or acceptable) to me at all playing a flipped bass, even if the strings are oriented "corectly". Necks aren't always symetrical. And of course the flipped body is just weird.

14. Neon

Neon

Oct 28, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    Many thanks MysticBoo:)i will check it out:cool:

15. Neon

Neon

Oct 28, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    totally agree with you Moses.Hey..at least if we get bored we can get our basses custom painted.lol;)

16. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
  17. mizmor

mizmor

May 9, 2008
    NJ
    I'm left handed, but play right handed.

18. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Same here. :)

19. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Another Lefty who plays Righty - as my teacher said "Have you ever seen a left-handed piano?"

20. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Never seen a right handed piano either.