1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone dig? part 2: Van Morrison

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by charles21o7, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Once again I am bored and sick as a dog, so I figured i do like i did before and see what people think of one of my favorite artists. I love Van Morrisons work. His voice is amazing , and the arrangements in his work are beautiful. His best moment was Astral Weeks, but almost all of his albums are good. Has anyone gotten his latest- Whats wrong with this picture? If so , is it any good. Well what say you???

2. I love Astral Weeks and Moondance, but honestly, I haven't been able to get into anything else i've heard of his. I have a promo CD of about 5 tracks from the new one, and I thought it was okay, but a little too adult contemporary for my taste. Maybe I just haven't heard his other good stuff. But Astral Weeks, fantastic albu.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I dig him, especailly his live stuff.

4. is OK, but the one before that, "down the road" is one of the best cds I own. Really, if you're a van fan, you MUST get it; damn it's good!

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The new Van Morrison is nothing special, but your right about the old stuff, I you ever get a chance check out live in San Fransisco (double CD) and another real Sleeper is Avalon Sunset.
    The Burk