Anyone else heard of this guy?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Jul 19, 2005.

1. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Brady Muckelroy:

This guy's pretty damn good!... if you like solo bassists, that is. The sound samples are pretty Manring-esque.
  2. MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    I like that Zon. :bassist:
  3. i listened to the 3 samples, and they weren't song for the monuitains was my favorite, but the other two were just "meh" i mean, they were good, and i am sure they take a lot of talent to play, but they sound like something every other bass soloist would play. i'd be interested in hearing the rest of the cd i like that zon too!
  4. Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe
    Never heard of him but it sure is cool stuff. He is close to crazy - in a good way.
  5. Brado

Oct 19, 2005
    Buda, TX.
    Hello there,
    Thanks for the above compliments/ critiques. The Zon is a great bass. What a joy to play the thing!
  6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

were you at the Atlanta Bass Up thing last month around this time?

Great Playing BTW!
  7. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Sounds very Manring-inspired to me, which is a good thing.
  8. nice..haven't heard of you/him but am finding there's a lot of great players i have not heard of. my first comment/question: how do/did you go from a newbie in '98 to THAT in a relatively short time?
    I also went from drums to bass on a worship team & am now playing regularly w/ an alt. christian rock band -
    i feel i'm in a rut & have "walled" some.
    here's another cat you should check out (played drums w/ him in an instrumental/smooth jazz group called the Michael Gettel group)
    Sandin is one of my biggest influences to date:
    great stuff & thanks for finding this cat :hyper:
  9. Brado

Oct 19, 2005
    Buda, TX.
    Well....let's see. I got back from a summer of marching w/ the Madison Scouts (a Drum & Bugle Corps) out of Madison Wisconsin. This was in the summer of 2000. I hadn't touched a bass guitar in four months. All I had played was tenors (quads). My bass playing, up to that point was quite plain. No tapping/ no harmonics/ verry bad slapping. Just "bass" bass. I really missed playing bass. I realized that I had lost all of what little chops I had. I got back on the thing and spent HOURS and HOURS. I think it was at least four hours a day. Some days, all day. Spending all of that time let to lots of experimentation. I was inspired by hearing Trip Wamsley for the first time (Dancing About Architecture). I had to figure out how he was making some of those sounds. It all turned into a big "snowball" effect. New things would lead to more new things.....and so on. So; was quite fast for me. I started back on the instrument in August of 2000 and had my first "solo gig" in late September of 2000. Off to the races!
  10. Brado

Oct 19, 2005
    Buda, TX.
    Yes I was.