Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone ever hear of ZOX???

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, May 29, 2005.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    they're a great local band in rhode island...i highly suggest everyone checks them out! some good songs by them are "rain on me", "ghost town" and "canon". if you go to their website you can hear some of their older and newer songs. i'm curious to see what the talkbass community thinks of them. :bassist:

PS - i'm in no way affiliated with the band...i'm just a big fan who likes to spread the word on good local acts.

2. toug

toug

Apr 12, 2005
    Rhode Island
    Yes, I also live in Rhode Island. I think I've seen Zox 5 times. Dan Eidenberg(sp?) is a phenomenal musician and bassist. I say musician and bassist because he was inolved with Brown University in their music department but not with a bass. They describe him as a "virtuoso" and he is amazing live. If anyone gets a chance to see them I would highly reccomend it, I love their music but Dan is just something else.

3. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    totally agree with you on Dan. i saw an acoustic show they did not too long ago and he was rockin out on an upright like no other. what other instruments does he play?

anyways...i just got their new album called "the wait"...which isn't released until august but i got a preorder. i like it so much better than the last one. i really encourage people here to listen because i think these guys might be huge one day. there's a new song called "carloyn" that has some sweeeeet bass. check it out!

4. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i saw these guys last saturday at Lupo's. it was such an awesome show and the new songs are great...i highly reccomend you check these guys out if you havent yet..

all you rhode islanders know what im talking about.

5. Anybody have a link to a site or anything, I'd like to take a listen to them.

6. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Yes I have heard of ZOX as well. And yes they sound good. To bad I live in Michigan they dont venture here well at all I don't think.
    Their website is www.zoxband.com

7. OneDrop76

OneDrop76

Jul 15, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    I'm in Baltimore, I saw these guys a couple years ago. All I remember is the violinist, everyone else just backed him up. This was before I started playing bass though :) But that guy could rip **** up like no other on the violin...

8. Dude, they've played here plenty of times. Everytime sold out at this little bar in my home city. Freak'n good musicians.