1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone have a sage green metallic Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yellofury, Nov 30, 2006.

1. I bought my MIA Jazz used from a small guitar shop that folded a few months after i bought it

When I bought it the guy told me it was Inca Silver
    and until now I believed it to be Inca Silver
    I was perusing the web to look at what else? basses of course and I saw a sage green metallic Jazz that looked kinda like mine
    I wish I had a digital camera that worked so I can take a pic of my bass .... but now I am in doubt if I do have an Inca Silver Jazz
    Does anyone here have either a Sage Green Metallic or Inca Silver Jazz to show pics of???
    My bass is in an identity crisis
    It still rocks tho!!!!!!

2. fender's website has a color chart in the resources section.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Sage Green:
    [​IMG]

Inca Silver:
    [​IMG]

4. see on those it looks like mine is definitely Inca Silver
    maybe it just likes to mess with me
    but I swear on some days it looks silver
    some days a dull green and somedays a darker charcoalish silver

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    They are very close colors, and depending on the light, I can see where you are having trouble. Get one of those blue lightbulbs that is supposed to show true color, and see if that helps decide. Of course, nothing is better then sunlight.

6. my $0.02...

i didn't think fender makes/made MIA's in Sage Green Metallic. I thought that color was strictly MIM.

7. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I had one....sold it to a fellow TBer. Here is what it looked like:

stand_jazz1.

8. I have had two Fenders in that Color Scheme ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

In my opinion, this is a great color -- especially with a tort guard!

9. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I have a Fender in the same color, and the same problem. Some days, it looks really silver, some days, really green. Like in this pic, it looks really silver. But if I take it out into daylight, it looks extremely green.

[​IMG]

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I have a sherwood green Lakland [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

11. Yman

Yman

Jul 12, 2006
    Nashville TN
    yeah i play an inca silver jazz and people always ask me if its green or silver.

12. thanks everyone!!!!!
    from what I see I definitely have Inca Silver
    its almost like chameleon paint
    but a cool finish nonetheless

13. macca1

macca1

May 7, 2008
    Yellow fury I joined here just to answer your question .I sawA jazz bass in a 1997 bass player (the one with Rocco Prestia on the cover. the article stated the jazz shown, was inca silver some years later when buying an american jazz, i looked for inca silver and was told by a rep from fender , that it was discontinued , and that it had a tinge of yellow .I got a chrome silver instead, but everyone that sees my bass and the picture of the inca one , say it is the same .I have seen chrome silver on the Fender web site, and it looks more blue than mine, which actually has a platinum tinge hope this helps .

14. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    That Sherwood Green that Lakland used on their limited run is by far, my most favorite solid color for a bass. If I could have a 5 string jazz made (Sadowsky or Fender) in that color with a maple fretboard, white perloid block inlays, and matching headstock, I would be one happy camper.

Bones