1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone playing at VLV - Shifter's Car show?

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by canada_cam, Feb 25, 2008.

1. canada_cam

canada_cam

Feb 25, 2008
    Hey everyone,

My name is Cam Ewart and I play for "Hot Rod Hullabaloo" a three piece r'billy band based in Canada. We are coming down for VLV again this year and will be playing at the Shifter's Car Show on Saturday (time not yet determined). Here is the deal.....we will be flying in and are not going to be bringing any amplification for either the bass or the guitar. Are there any bands also playing the event that would be willing to loan or rent their amps to us for our show? We are a solid group of trustworthy, working musicians who are not out to abuse, but simply to use gear that is already at the event. We are not picky about brands, as long as the gear is reliable and works well. If not, are there any Vegas players that know of a good place to rent from? Again, we are looking for suggestions of good quality stores that are dependable and want to work with reliable, working musicians. The other complication will be finding our drummer a stand-up cocktail kit. but thats a post for another area.
    Also, because of import taxation issues when entering the US, we are looking of a quality local t-shirt supplier that can produce merch for us. Again looking for good service and supply of quality items.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance,
    Cam
    www.hotrodhullabaloo.com
    cam dot ewart at usask dot ca

2. TorchClef

TorchClef

Mar 29, 2008
    Hey Cam.. i live here in Vegas and will be attending VLV. If you cant find anyone there with a bass rig then, id beable to bring mine.

3. canada_cam

canada_cam

Feb 25, 2008
    Wow, that is very kind of you. We have been looking around at rental companies for gear. However, once you find what you need and add that cost onto a rental vehicle (to pick it up and take it back) its gets kind of expensive. I would much rather give that money to a working musician.

What kind of rig do you have, and how much would you be willing to rent it for?