1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone seen this big boy yet? (Line 6 content)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Andy Will, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Interesting. It looks like they combined all the modeling pedals together into one big multi.

3. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I wish there was a better pic of it.

4. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    It looks huge initially, but says its about the size of 2 of their normal modelling pedals, so could be cool!

The only problem with something like this (......if it sounds good), is the fact we will miss out on the good old game of 'which pedal is being used to get 'that' sound' :meh:

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The FAQ also says no presets but you can save several pedalboards.

6. anybody find a price somewheres?

I'm guessing.. um.. around 800?

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Probably a little less than the X3. They're not after TC or Roland's market.

8. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    It's £339 at Digital Village here in the UK. Probably under $600 US....

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Line 6 is US based so the price will be better on this side of the pond.

10. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
  11. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    I can see how this pedal will be useful. Its getting quite difficult to stick on the individual pedal route, seeing as how this could potentially work at a much cheaper price.

Sadly their modelling pedals are NOT small.

12. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    This looks pretty good. Personally, I find a lot of sounds from Line6's stompbox modeler series a little goofy, but it's neat that they're putting all of them in one package for what is likely the price of two of them. Having a dedicated looper is nice, but I would've preferred a fifth stompbox with looping as an option that could go anywhere in the chain.

Squinting at those pictures, the control setup looks very intuitive. On/off for every stompbox, what looks to be a global tap tempo (though not 100% sure on that) and a whole bunch of looper controls as well as a shift button that changes everything into preset mode controls. Well done Line6.

Anyway, feature wise it seems like it's a day late and a dollar short compared to Boss's new GT-10b (parallel chains that can be controlled by dynamics - awesome). But the Line6 looks a heck of a lot easier to use... I guess it depends whether you prefer Boss's goofy stompbox modelled sounds or Line6's.

What would make me go out and buy one the second it came out is if it had the Line6 Developer's kit built-in or was at least compatible.

Does anyone know if the M13 can have multiple of the same effect running at once?

13. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The Line 6 website says it can.

14. Wow this could be something worth looking at.....I use a Bass PODxt Pro in my home studio quite often for effects, almost never for the amp simulations. I don't know if it's because I am married to my BDDI for direct recording or if I just do not have the patience to program amp sims from scratch :confused:

15. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Looks cool.

Has anybody seen the LowDown 750 Head. It's new, it looks like a monster head with 750 watts. They still don't have cabinets yet.:meh:

16. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    Why no pitch shifting (a la Whammy)??? Seems like something simple enough to emulate, right? Does Digitech hold some kind of patent for pitch shifting?

Would be awesome if it did!

17. Holy crap no, you can't patent a type of effect - nor did they invent pitch shifting....

Its a combination of line 6's current stomp box modelers - they don't have a pitch shifting/octave one atm

18. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Wow, I only just saw this. Looks totally awesome.

And to follow up those posts just up there ^, why hasn't anyone made a pitch shifter that can compete with the whammy?

19. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    The HOG can compete directly with the Whammy (it comes with an expression pedal even), but it does so much more.

Otherwise, Boss's pitch shifter can be used with an expression pedal, but I've heard it isn't very good. I assume some of Boss's multi-effects do this too, though the GT-10B definitely does. Pigtronix's new synth pedal can sort of do it.

I would assume Line6 will come out with something at some point...

Heh, anyone know if you can attach an expression pedal to an Eventide Harmonizer?

20. F0URwordLETTER

F0URwordLETTER

Oct 11, 2007
    Philly
    Nice Pedal i like i gotta check it out
    <><