1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone tried EBS CLASSIC 410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nls666, Mar 28, 2006.

1. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Looks like a very nice cab. Nice price also... (in Europe)
    [​IMG]

Opinions?
    Is this a sealed cab?

2. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Badabump!!!!:)

I really wonder if this cab is good. Specs looks incredible, but I cannot find one in the different shops in Paris.
    I am looking for having 2 ebs cabs, but I want to know this new line.

3. Haven't seen 'm, yet!

4. not yet, but if it is anything like the proline series, it will probably be a bit low end shy, but very loud and punchy!

5. i was trying a few basses out in århus playing through some ebs all tube head with a cabinet of offset 4x12 i think... i didnt have the volume up past 1 but it sounded nice

6. For your record, EBS does not make an all-tube amp! :smug:

7. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    It was probably the fafner. A lot of people think it's all tube!

8. Haven't tried one. They're made in China, and only available in 4x10 format as we speak. I'd probably be more interrested in a 1x12 personally, but if the Classic Lines prove to be a success, we might expect to see it extended with more cabs in different configurations in the future.

9. "It was probably the fafner. A lot of people think it's all tube!"

How come? Does they sound like tube amps. I have never tryed EBS amps, but I use their pro line 212 cab and likes it a lot. i Use it with an ampeg amp (mossfet solid state) maybe i should check ebs amps out to...

By the way nice to se so many europeans on this thread ;)

10. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    When you play a fafner, close your eyes and just hear the hotest bass amp head!
    When I discovered this head, I immediatly sold my svt3pro.

There is only one tube, but it's THE tube!

11. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    The Fafner is a good amp and one of the coolest looking out there. And it`s definetly hotter than the SVT3. But you also might have a look at Aguilar DB750, Eden and Ashdown stuff if you are after a more tube-like sound

12. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    ...now that this thread got resurrected:

This cab is front ported, not sealed. FYI...

TallestCrayon0 likes this.
  13. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    i was having a chat with thier U.K importer (who's name i can't quite remember) at the london guitar show this year.

he showed me it with a fafner and it was like a super ampeg or something, very rocky if you get what i mean.

i was surprised at how vintage sounding they are.

it wasnt really my cup of tea, i would rather take a neo over one of those, but that is me personally

just as an abservation it seems that a lot of the bigger amp names are releasing these "vintage" cabs, is it some nostalgia that i am too young to understand or just a different direction?

Dave

14. Vintage = In

:D

15. I just think it is a tone thing - alot of the tube heads are prized for their vintage tone, so it only makes sense to offer a range of cabs to satisfy this market... some people are looking for a modern sound, and others are looking for vintage. 2 different markets, 2 different buyers...

16. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K

yeah i guess you are right, there is definetely two very different schools of thought on tone out there.

by the way i didnt say how well made these cabs are before, they are exquisite.

Dave

TallestCrayon0 likes this.
  17. it was a silver plates one... i dont know it said it was a tube amp on it... maybe just a preamp tube

18. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    bernie goodfellow?

19. silver face = the fafner - only one preamp tube... but a very tubey sounding head for a hybrid none the less!

20. Peter Kaae

Peter Kaae

Oct 10, 2004
    Denmark
    Hi good people, I have this new EBS 410 "classic line "
    It is a good sounding cabinet. It has a full bodied warm sound, a little vintage in its caracter I would say. This is complimented in the way it looks, very cool vintage looks. Nice thick black tolex, metal corners, very nice cup handles, wheels. The grille fabric is a liiiittle cheasy looking, but what the heck... Only thing that bothers me a bit, is that it might not be as loud as my 2 ampeg svt-210he´s stacked.
    I have not gig´ed with the cabinet yet, and that´s where the real test is coming up. It is suposed to be 32 Kg heavy, but my feeling is that it is heavyer than that. I drive it with a Fender P and GK 1001RB-II , and the cab is 4 ohms. It can take all the power from the amp, full volume, but as mentioned earlier it is really not that loud.