1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone try a Phil Jones Bass Cab 27?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pcake, Oct 29, 2018.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    Rumbledore likes this.
  2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Hmmmmmm very interesting. I've never had the chance to play any PJB stuff. This looks promising. I know they have great luck using smaller diameter speakers. Subbed.

EDIT: I noticed that all the tabs are grayed out. I'm interesed in the dimensions and weight. Wondering if it's under 25 pounds.

3. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    From Musicians Friend:

4. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    well, there's always the elf 110 at 16 pounds. it's not phil jones but it is very light
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amp...ot-elf-1x10-300w-electric-bass-guitar-cabinet

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  5. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    just wondering - has anyone tried one of these Phil Jones Bass Cab 27s in person yet? i'd try one at sam ash, but they're not actually in stores near me.

6. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    I own one.I also own two Phil Jones C4 cabinets & a Session 77 combo amp.
    The 27 is the same speakers as the Session 77. 8 ohms impedence.
    Did a gig over the holiday season with just the Cabinet 27.Drove it with a Quilter Bass Block 800 set for 200 watts.I had no PA support & the Cabinet sounded great & was plenty loud enough.Granted it was a private house party & not a big stage.I was using an Xaviere J bass with flats.(not an expensive bass).This was a rock/oldies band & we weren't really loud but it wasn't easy listening levels either. I'll bet two of these cabs would be fine for medium rooms with no PA support.One does small venues nice.It weighs about 29 lbs.Believe it or not I used it as an emergency PA cabinet the other night & it sounded really good.Have used it as a vocal monitor too & that worked well.

19sixty3 and pcake like this.