1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use the "Mark Stand"?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Harper, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    It looks pretty simplistic, do they work well? It's about the only piece of Markbass gear not listed on the GC website. If someone could PM the price it would be much appreciated.

2. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
  3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    The one in our store is great. It's simple to use, it folds flat, the velcro is very strong, and the stand is strong enough to hold any speaker cab.

If you local Markbass dealer hasn't got one, they can most likely get one for you if you ask.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I built my own amp stand:

1. Drink can of beer.

2. Drop can on floor and crush with foot.

3. Place under amp.

Actually, I use a 2"x2" painted black, but that Mark Stand looks cool. Would it hold a B-15?

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

Sure. It's based on a modified milk crate design.

:bag:

6. I got the 'corporate version of the Mod. milk crate. It's BLACK! ;-)
    Seriously- I LIKE the look of the MARK BASS stand & would like to try it out...of course there ain t ANY around here & I'd have to BUY it B4 I even saw it for the store to get on in!!!

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Milk crates...BAH! FEH! I say BAH! and FEH! to milk crates and I'm not even Jewish!

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Really? I had no idea how you felt about milk crates.

:D

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Milk crates?!? Slowly I turn...step by step...inch by inch...

10. I dunno.........

I think I like YOUR stand A LOT better!!!:D

11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    The only problem with that stand is that sometimes one can doesn't get it high enough, so you're forced to drink beer until you have enough cans to get some elevation. And then your set starts and you have to keep going to the bathroom, not to mention how 'faced you are.

12. BTW the 'Mark stand' is supposed to be able to be used on ANY mark Bass cab-so I imagine it'd take a B-15 OK. I mean ANY means ANY & they make 810's!!

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    But they only picture it with a Mini CMD121P, Rod! I need proof!

14. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Easily! I've had it under much bigger cabs than that! You have to remember it only has to take the weight of half the cab........

On the subject of milk crates - one of the local music magazines had a great cartoon a few years ago, playing on the fact there are big fines in Australia for unauthorised use..... picture a metal band playing a gig, and the guitarist is shouting "Quick, it's a raid!" as the people from the milk corporation run through the door. When you look closer, you realise there's a milk crate under each amp, they've used 10 of them to make a drum riser, another 20 to make a stage, there's another 6 half full of cables, and the sound guy is using them to make a table to hold up his mixing desk..... very funny!

15. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Hilarious, Pete! I used to have quite the collection of them myself. I only used them to carry cables, though. Never under an amp!

I will get a Mark Stand if it can hold a B-15. Now if only GC and MF had them listed...

16. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    Would love to figure out where I can get one in the US.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    PAGING PETER MURRAY!!!! Can we get some Mark Stands in the US, please?

18. jd858us

jd858us

Dec 13, 2006
    Couldn't find the Mark Stand anywheres, so I used a folding wheel chock I got at an auto parts store (package of 2 for $13). Slap on a little velco to grab the cab carpet, some rubber on the floor side and it tilts my Goliath III very well. Unfortunately, my car rolled down the hill.

19. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Do our Canadian members use milk bags to carry cables? :eyebrow:

20. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    No, they use poutine cartouns.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021