1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone used the Remold service from 1964Ears?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Rocksolid, May 23, 2011.

1. Had an Accident with my M-Audio IE-40s (which are rebadged Ultimate Ears triple fi 10's) - I dropped them and the nozzle of one of the earphones snapped off and is now stuck inside the custom molds I have.

!964 Ears say they will take your Universal fit Earphones, take all the drivers out and fit them to a custom mold so they sit flush etc

1964 Ears - Products - Remolding Universals & Customs

Sounds really cool in theory - and an ideal solution for a set of Earphones which are now basically useless.

Looking to find if anyone has any experiences with this service - either good or bad.

The other Option is to buy a set of Future Sonic Atrios and have them fitting to my current moulds. I like the sound of my IE-40's and having them look a lot more discrete is appealing.

Cheers!