1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Archtop Bass Guitar plans

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by rgarcia26, Dec 29, 2011.

1. rgarcia26

rgarcia26

Jun 9, 2008
    Miami Florida
    Hi Guys I have being looking everywhere for an set Archtop bass plan... I know Mottola have some and I love them but I would like something more like Benedetto Archtop guitars...
    Any help is appreciate... :confused:

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Look for Plans for D'Angelico/D'Aquisto New Yorkers and such. Then adjust for a bass neck and scale, the bodies are the same type of thing.

3. rgarcia26

rgarcia26

Jun 9, 2008
    Miami Florida
    Thank you, I will look for it to see what i can find

4. I fell in love with the look of the Takamine TB10, so I've started building an archtop bass guitar. From what I have been able to determine, the TB10 body is similar in size to the Benedetto guitars that are expalined in great detail in his book on Building an Archtop Guitar (around 26$ on Amazon.com). So all that remains is to stretch the neck to 34-inch BG neck size. It will be a lot of work, and I am very slow so I won't be posting anything on Talkbass, but I believe that it will be very interesting to see the result.

You could look into doing something like this too! ;)

5. rgarcia26

rgarcia26

Jun 9, 2008
    Miami Florida
    Thanks I do have the book, and his vid...