1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aria Pro II SB-700 *Price Drop*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by birdman14, Dec 22, 2016.

1. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Up on the chopping block is a fretless Aria SB-700, made in the early 80s. The bass was de-fretted about 15 years ago, and the luthier who did it did a great job. The bass is currently strung up with Labella tapewounds, and give it an almost P like thump. The action is currently set pretty low, and plays like butter.

I'm only selling the bass as I'm consolidating my collection, and I don't play fretless nearly enough to keep it around. If you're familiar with the Matsumoku factory, then you know the level of quality of this bass. It comes with the original case, which is in decent condition, about what you'd expect of a 35 year old case.

Looking to get $600, and will split shipping continentially. I'd prefer a sale, but I'm interested in 5 stringers with a J/MM setup or vintage short scales.

IMG_1686.JPG IMG_1687.JPG IMG_1689. IMG_1693.JPG IMG_1694. IMG_1695.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    A couple of owners ago, I was the very proud owner of this bass and for many, many years. It NEVER disappointed. Tone for days.

GLWTS!

el basso, jgroh and birdman14 like this.
  3. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Specs for anyone who is unfamiliar with these basses

34", 5-ply Maple/Walnut neck
    45mm nut width
    Brass nut and bridge
    Rosewood fingerboard w/pearl dot inlays
    Ash body
    Single MB-1 double-coil pickup
    Volume, tone, coil tap switch

4. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Love this ... wish I had funds in hand...

5. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Traded!