Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Armand Sabal.lecco

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sickb17, Jun 30, 2005.

1. He is coming to the city. Based on what I've read, I'm pretty sure I will buy a ticket but I wanted to know what do you think of him. Has anybody seen/heard him?

Thx.

2. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    If you like your bass funky and if you like to see a master at work, then buy your ticket, amigo. I saw him with Stanley Clarke about 2 years ago and tomorrow I finally have a MusicMan Sabre being delivered as a result of that experience (he played the Sabre and an Alembic). Obviously, Stanley was the lead in that show so Armand took complete ownership of the groove and the show IMO. I'm envious.

3. Thanks for the info. I will add that Stanley Clarke will also play on July with Bela Fleck and Jean-Luc Ponty. I don't think I'm going to this one though.

4. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    are you loco?

5. Banjo sound makes me get nervous :D . Seriously, I wanted to go but it's a bit expensive. I'm still thinking about going or not.

6. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    If you can get the money together, it will be well worth it, the playing will be top notch even on Banjo. :D

And yeah, you would have to be loco to miss that one.

7. I saw Sabal.lecco yesterday in Barcelona with his band: the rest of the world. The concert was pretty short (1h) but they were playing again the same night. The show was good and the guy can really slap!!!.

He was playing a black fender jazz a with metallic pickguard and a neck pickup cover. Maple fretboard with pearl inlays and a detuner. Pretty battered axe.

In general I recomend it if you like funk - slap style.