1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Blueline 15” driver dimensions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jake Massey, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Jake Massey

Jake Massey

Jul 20, 2018
    Liverpool
    Does anyone know/know how to find the dimensions of a 15” ashdown Blueline driver? I’ve looked at ashdowns website and a couple of others but I can’t find them anywhere.

I need to know them so I can replace it out of a Chinese made Ashdown cab (Ashdown Toneman 115 Toneman). I’m guessing the driver’s also Chinese made. Deciding whether to just to replace the driver or the entire cab (if I can’t find another driver with similar dimensions).

2. It’s not the dimensions of the driver that matter, most 15” drivers are pretty close. It’s the TS specifications that have to be worked with to select what driver will work in your existing box. It’s not as simple as buying any driver and screwing it in place.

Say Hi to the Rocket next time you go through the Childwall Five Ways! :D

3. Jake Massey

Jake Massey

Jul 20, 2018
    Liverpool
    What do you mean by TS specs? Sorry to ask but I’m not to good with my acronyms . And will do, only live down the drive from it

4. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Suspended

Sep 14, 2010
    Cutouts vary by few mm
    But for most part a 15" is somewhat standard

Aside from bolt patterns

5. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
  6. Jon has posted a very good resource that will explain better than I.

I met my wife playing a gig at Nalgo off Queens Drive. I was playing with Earl Preston’s Reflections at the time. This was in 1968. Our eldest brother lived in a house directly opposite from the Rocket and we would walk over for a pint, or two, or three! :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018