1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown CABS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by limplt, Sep 14, 2010.

1. limplt

limplt

Sep 14, 2010
    Hi all!

This topic was mentioned in others, but there was not much told about the Ashdown Cabs.

I own MAG C115-300 EVO II Combo which I'm really sattisfied with. Now, I'm looking to buy a 4x10" cab in addition to it. I've tried this combination several times with the 4x10" MAG, which is twice cheeper than ABM.

What's the difference between them? Both have tweeters and all the specifications are pretty the same. I haven't tried ABM, but i guess it doesn't worth the double price, does it?

Thanks

2. 1kinal

1kinal Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    the two line (ABM and MAG) are very different.

The MAG is designed towards a low cost cabinet. The plywood is probably not the same as is the design inside the cab (bracing, damping). The speakers are also cheaper in the MAG serie. It's still a good value for the money they cost but you cannot compare them to the ABM serie.

The ABM has better speakers, no doubt.

I've played both 4x10's and on the MAG, the low-end is unfocussed and the highs are not as clear as the ABM. It sounds cheap...The ABM 410 sounds great, is heavy, with a tight low-end response, present mids and crisp highs.

Try both if you can. You'll hear the difference even if on paper they might look the same.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021