1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Classic Series 810??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brockkiemel, Oct 1, 2020.

Tags:

Worth it?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2020.
  1. Absolutely

100.0%
  2. Alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So searching local postings I found a classic series 810 for $350. I can’t seem to find much info on the classic series. I only know MAG and AMB. Any insight on quality, sound, and price?
    F11E2DA0-114F-4EE0-A881-E8E7D540E7A0.jpeg 8EBFEE6A-F199-4F2F-AC6D-8BAA8939151B.jpeg

2. Bump

3. 350 for an 810 might be good, might also be crap, it kinda depends on your market. 350 for an 810 in CAD in my area would be something I'd jump on if I had room. 350 USD in Dallas? No idea.

Ashdown makes a good product though, I know people like the little bastard head that they were making for a while. I recall when I just started playing I looked at an Ashdown combo and it seemed good at the time. They're kind of a small brand though and I honestly haven't seen anything since, but some people own Ashdown stuff and like it well enough.

As far as tone goes, there's only one way for you to figure out if you like it. That's just an incredibly subjective thing that depends on the gear you already have, your hands, your ears, the music you want to play etc... And even the words that we use to describe sounds can be interpreted subjectively. The best way for you to figure out whether or not you actually like the sound of the thing with real certainty is to head over there and check it out.

4. No, they're not. Just because they didn't break through in the Americas doesn't make them small.

Anyways, Ashdown gear is great, very versatile, u I've never had a problem getting whatever sound I wanted from my rig. Just make sure you can be bothered to lug around an 810. Mine is great for rehearsals, but I'm sick and tired of dragging it to gigs

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021