1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ashdown EB15 -- opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chundle, May 11, 2006.

1. chundle

chundle

May 9, 2000
    hi all
    any opinions on the ashdown EB15? i have the possibility of buying one second hand, would be interested to know about it's sound vs. durability vs. weight (for small gigs).... thanks

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I used one for a year doing weddings and functions. no PA support and it did fine. of course it depends a lot on the size of the room and how loud the band are but i never had any complaints that i couldnt be heard. they were quite small rooms though, maybe 50-80 people.
    I had the C-115 and it was only putting out maybe just over 110watts in to the internal speaker i believe.
    The MAG and EB range have a nice solid, earthy tone. not Hi-Fi sounding and lacking the depth and punch of the ABM range but i prefered this sound to the ABM. you could certainly play most styles of music through it. I still have my MAG C-115 and although i dont use it anymore i would if i had to.