Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown MAG300 + aguilar gs112...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by resol, Apr 18, 2005.

1. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    how would an Ashdown MAG300H sound with an Aguilar gs112? Any Good? i was gonna buy the ashdown MAG410, but heard good cabs make THAT much difference...

i don't hav a chance to hear that combination (no good shops here), and was considering ordering the cab from the US (i live in Australia) as it cud turn out cheaper $$$

2. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    sorry bud, Avatar no longer ship internationally.. I have put them in contact with a few Aussie distro joints so they might be for sale here in a few months if their line gets picked up.

3. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    oh...i was referring to the AGUILAR GS112, not Avatar - damn wish they did ship internationally tho..

sorry if i didn't make it clear... : )

4. Hey Resol,
    I don't know of any stores who have GS112's in stock in Australia. I had to order mine without hearing them. Glad I did though, great cabs. I also sent you a PM.

5. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    yo Resol, if you be in Melbourne go check out The Bass Center in South Melbourne ask for Guy, tell him Guy (me) sent you. ;)

6. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    i'm in Sydney... : (

how are aussie prices for aggies compared to getting em from the US?
    i heard cabs can be cheaper, even wif shipping, especially with todays currency rates...

7. I looked into this. These were my 2 options.
    I could...

Buy the GS112 in Australia and pay $1300 for it, with no possible discount.

Order it from BestBassGear.com, and pay just over $500 dollars, plus around $300 shipping, plus taxes. So it probably would have cost $900 ordering from the US, as opposed to buying here in Aus.

8. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    man.. email GrassHopper from basscentral.. he will do you a killer deal on a GS112.. he's a really good dude. Tell him Guy from Melbourne told you to email him..

http://www.basscentral.com/2003/index.php

9. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    will do Guy...!

thanx for all the help fellas!!