1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ashdown MAG300 + aguilar gs112...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by resol, Apr 18, 2005.

1. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    how would an Ashdown MAG300H sound with an Aguilar gs112? Any Good? i was gonna buy the ashdown MAG410, but heard good cabs make THAT much difference...

i don't hav a chance to hear that combination (no good shops here), and was considering ordering the cab from the US (i live in Australia) as it cud turn out cheaper $$$

2. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    sorry bud, Avatar no longer ship internationally.. I have put them in contact with a few Aussie distro joints so they might be for sale here in a few months if their line gets picked up.

3. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    oh...i was referring to the AGUILAR GS112, not Avatar - damn wish they did ship internationally tho..

sorry if i didn't make it clear... : )

4. Hey Resol,
    I don't know of any stores who have GS112's in stock in Australia. I had to order mine without hearing them. Glad I did though, great cabs. I also sent you a PM.

5. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    yo Resol, if you be in Melbourne go check out The Bass Center in South Melbourne ask for Guy, tell him Guy (me) sent you. ;)

6. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    i'm in Sydney... : (

how are aussie prices for aggies compared to getting em from the US?
    i heard cabs can be cheaper, even wif shipping, especially with todays currency rates...

7. I looked into this. These were my 2 options.
    I could...

Buy the GS112 in Australia and pay $1300 for it, with no possible discount.

Order it from BestBassGear.com, and pay just over $500 dollars, plus around $300 shipping, plus taxes. So it probably would have cost $900 ordering from the US, as opposed to buying here in Aus.

8. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    man.. email GrassHopper from basscentral.. he will do you a killer deal on a GS112.. he's a really good dude. Tell him Guy from Melbourne told you to email him..

http://www.basscentral.com/2003/index.php

9. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    will do Guy...!

thanx for all the help fellas!!