Assistance Finding a New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TwanFromSpace, Oct 15, 2019.

1. TwanFromSpace

TwanFromSpace

Oct 15, 2019
    Hey all, first post on Talkbass. I am in the market for a new bass, been looking to switch things up with the band I'm playing in. I currently play a Spear S1 34" 4 string with active pickups, which I have played for about 4 or 5 years. Lately, like I said before, I'm looking to switch things up and get a little weird, so I've been looking for a versatile, simple, and hopefully lightweight short scale bass with 1 or few pickups, preferably with simple volume and tone knobs since my current has a bunch of doo-hickie knobs that I find a pain to mess with. The band I play with is kind of off the wall, so I find myself playing anything from folk to punk, hitting genres like classic rock and funk in between somewhere. I mostly play just finger picking, but have developed my slap technique over the last 2 years so I want something that can hopefully grab those hot mids to mess with that, and maybe even use a pick here and there. Anyways, this has been a mouthful, but if anyone has suggestions feel free to throw them my way!

2. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    G&L or Schecter
    Duke

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2022