1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

At4033 v AKG C3000b Vs. Rode NT-2

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by groovejam, Jun 5, 2007.

1. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Im looking for an do it all mic for vocals/intruments.

Any Thoughts?

2. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    well I think the AKG C3000 is very good for vocal, although I haven't tried it on really anything else. TBH, I've used the C1000 for any instrument mic'ing from putting a piano through the PA to recording guitar. What I did, was instead of buying just a new C3000, I went for a used AKG project pack (they don't make the pack anymore). I got it + 2 preamps for about 400 bucks. I looked up the price on a new w/ shockmount for C3000, it's 300 bucks from zZSounds, and 350 (but i don't think it comes with shockmount) from sweetwater. I'm pretty sure the C3000 will be good for anything, but I haven't tried the other two mic's. Just consider getting a pack if you're gonna go for an AKG microphone. The studio pack (C4000 and C1000) is still sold, so you could look into that if you go with AKG. It's about 650.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Out of your choices, I'd probably vote for the At4033.
    You might just like this forum:
    http://homerecording.com/bbs/
    (you have to join the forum to preform searches... Its free)

4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Having owned both the 4033 and the C3000, I'd say that if the use is strictly going to be studio then I'd go with the 4033. However, if you plan to use it in live applications also, the 4033 is a little too sensitive and the C3000 would be a better all-around choice. They're both nice mics. If you can find one, though, look for the older black-bodied C3000 instead of the newer C3000B. I think they sound a little smoother on the top end, and I've seen others voice similar opinions.

5. eb76

eb76

Jun 8, 2007
    Fort Wayne
    The Heil PR-30 and PR-40 are good mics that can handle anything you throw at them. I've had good luck with them on vocals, acoustic guitar, bass, guitar cabinets, and drums.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021