Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATK 300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Surferboy, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Hey!

I'm wondering, how good is the Ibanez ATK 300? Should I buy it? Or should I save my money up for a Fender Jazz?? I just heard the clip from the other thread, and I loved the tone......but is it the way it sounds IRL or is it not a good reference? I can buy one for about 200 Euro.....is it a good deal? It is the 300 series, the one with the triple-coil only...........it's sunburst.......what do you think? Let me know~!:bassist:

greetz Stefan!!

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Buy it.
    I had one for over 4 years until I moved to 6 strings...
    Its one of the best sounding basses I have had.

3. I had one, and regret selling it. Thankfully, I struck a pact with the kid who bought it that I'd have first dibs if he wanted to sell it down the road.

FishBulb

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yo Fish, Did yours look like this?

[​IMG]

There can't be too many ATK's in the area...

5. i have that exact bass in left handed
    only real suggestion i have is to change the jack on it, the stock one is unreliable and will make a very loud popping noise when it gets loose.

sounds nice enough though, but i am not really a fan of active eq, so to me it doesn't sound as "warm" and "woody" as i'd like. but it's a solid instrument.

weighs a ton as well.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    If you want to know what an ATK sounds like, check out The Offsprings earlier albums, atleast Smash('Bad Habit', 'Gotta Get Away', 'Come Out And Play', 'Self Esteem', 'Not The One') and Ixnay on the Hombre('Meaning of Life', 'Me & My Old Lady') represent pick-played ATK quite well.

The price seems like it's quite good, go for it.

7. *Is listening to Smash* *drools....*

8. It did. The kid still has it, he's a friend of mine, so I doubt that's it.

FishBulb

9. *BUMP*

I'm gonna look at it in 2 days! Anyone advice???

10. They are great basses with a really nice tone. I highly recommend you to get one if you can. I got mine from Planet Boulder here in the forum. Its an excellent bass.:D

You can dowload a clip I record with it at the following adress:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/myrecordingsmusic.htm

11. An ATK for 200 Euro's ???
    I wouldn't hesitate for a millisecond.
    BUY IT !!!!

12. I'm going to take a look @ it tomorrow!;) :cool:

13. *BUMP*

Someone advice for me? I'm gonna look @ it in 2 hours......:bassist: