1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Atlantis?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Masher88, May 29, 2007.

1. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    What's with all the shows about Atlantis recently? Even books...I'm noticing more stories about it too...weird. Is there something I'm missing here, or is it just "hopping on the bandwagon" of certain channels?

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    You know what? I think you're onto something.

So you're saying we should go out and find Atlantis so we can beat all those other people! Brilliant!

3. I've sailed up and down the east coast of the US a bizzilion times and it aint there. It's not in the gulf either. Somehow the ancient Egyptians got cocaine from South America so.......I would say it's somewhere in between those two places. ;)

4. It's like everything in life.

Ebbs, and flows.

Every few years new people learn about these myths and some choose to invest money to find out, at varying levels of the economic scale (IOW from buying a book to building space shuttles and stations). It's a good money wheel.

I personally think that it existed, sunk, and nature took it's course in resurfacing the area. Just like any other island that sunk, or mountain range that exploded out of the ground, or a lake that dried up to a desert, or bombs that flattened islands and ecosystems etc etc sic ad nauseum. Humans have apparantly only properly explored some 4% of the worlds' ocean too, I heard that in a docco somewhere about going deeper than ever before...

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021