Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATM35HC mic - UK only?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Adrian Cho, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    As most of you know, I already use the AMT mic. There has been some discussion here in the past about the ATM Pro 35x clip-on mic. I was looking into this for a violinist friend but also in the context of bass too. It seems that ATM in the UK sells something called the ATM 35HC which is a hyper-cardioid version of the ATM 35. However there does not appear to be any such thing in North America. The closest seems to be the cardioid ATM Prox 35x.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks

Adrian

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The ATM35 and the ATM Pro 35x are different microphones. The ATM35 has a wider frequency response 30hz - 20kz, and is what I use. The ATM35 comes stock here with a cardiod element. This microphone uses interchangeable elements, hypercardiod, omni, sub-cardiod, and cardiod. If you shop around the elements can be had for about $40-$50.

3. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Funny thing is that if you go the ATM UK site, the ATM35 is listed but it is not listed on the North American site. Also, if you search for the ATM35HC, every single site is in the UK.

4. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
  5. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    I use the ATM35(bought on Ebay for $100) and i've been very happy with it,in large venues, i send the signal to the P.A. where i mixed it with the signal from my iamp 500, in small venues, i just use the iamp with the ATM35, in medium venues i use the iamp with the pickup and send again the ATM trough the P.A.
    The only thing i dont like is the very long cable that is atached to the mike, its a bit anoying, i still have to find somebody who can cut it so that i can leave the mike on the bass without that big cable. I would like to give the AMT a try, but i dont have the bread to spend at the moment,anyway, for my use, im happy with this little mike.

NUNO