1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

attaching a fishman bp100

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by gotsoul77, Aug 29, 2007.

1. gotsoul77

gotsoul77

Jan 23, 2007
    Hey everyone,

I am reattaching my bass pickup which works by clipping the two piezo pieces onto the bridge with some felt-covered metal clips. For some reason I cannot get these clips to hold, they keep pushing themselves off of the bridge. Does anyone know of an alternate way to attach one these pickups? be it glue, tape or whatever.

Thanks

2. pat.p

pat.p

Nov 20, 2004
    Poland, Poznań
    Hi.
    Try to squeeze the clips in your fingers before attaching. They should work properly... they should fit really tight.
    There are some ways to attach the Fishman:
    1. You can do it normally:) (but first of all - remove everything from the bridge - rosin, dust, wrong notes;). Make it clean and smooth)
    2. You can attach it on the other side of the bridge (it is better, because this side of the bridge is cleaner, fits better with the surface of piezo elements). When I use BP100 i prefer this method of installing:bassist:
    3. You can use it Realist-like (under bridge feet) (I don't know how it works)
    Of course, glue is possible, but there will be impossible to take off the pickup without destroying it.
    I hope it is helpful
    Warm regards
    Pat

3. Double stick tape. That's what I used when I had a BP-100. Either to the bridge or on the top (behind the bridge feet) that's what I did.

4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music (retired)
    Most well-carved bridges have a rounded side towards the fingerboard, I'll bet that's the case with yours. You could carefully file a narrow section flat enough to accommodate the clamps.

As a Fishman dealer I am often asked for replacement clips, and I usually suggest players pick up a couple binder clips in the appropriate size, as they tend to grip more tightly (see image below for what I mean). Once installed you can slip the silver handles out of the holes.

[​IMG]

5. Bob, It's my understanding, and has been the case on every bridge I have owned, that the curved side is closest to the fingerboard, and the flat side closest to the tailpiece. Maybe that's what you meant but I misunderstood the wording.

6. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music (retired)
    I mis-spoke (typed). I just checked the dipstick and and I was down one cup of coffee.

7. Hey Bob,

The clip idea is great. I'm going to try it.

On a side note, your service is amazing. Whenever I place an order and, I placed two last week, I feel like I'm in one of those old Warner Bros cartoons where Wile E. Coyote orders something and before he hangs up the phone, the ACME truck is pulling up to his door. The stuff arrives almost before I order it.

mark perna