Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audacity recording problem

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Starwind, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Starwind

Starwind

Mar 26, 2005
    I tried to use Audacity to record some bassline these days. Use my soundblaster Audigy2 as recording tool (sorry, no budget for firewire recording interface yet).

I added a click-track, listen to it while recording. However, the result isn't match the click...

thought it's my poor skill so I tried again, and again... finally I found that the wave I recorded doesn't match what I played.

the click-track is 25.18 second, and my recording line is only 24.something. it's kinda "compressed" in time-length.

Is that a problem of Audacity or sound card? Are there any solution besides buy a hardware interface?

2. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    When you make a multi-track recording, there is an unpredictable delay between playback and recording. Audacity tries to correct for this automatically, but this doesn't yet work on all computers.

If a new track is not synchronized with the others, you can zoom in and use the Time Shift tool to drag it to the correct location