Audacity recording problem

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Starwind, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Starwind

Mar 26, 2005
    I tried to use Audacity to record some bassline these days. Use my soundblaster Audigy2 as recording tool (sorry, no budget for firewire recording interface yet).

I added a click-track, listen to it while recording. However, the result isn't match the click...

thought it's my poor skill so I tried again, and again... finally I found that the wave I recorded doesn't match what I played.

the click-track is 25.18 second, and my recording line is only 24.something. it's kinda "compressed" in time-length.

Is that a problem of Audacity or sound card? Are there any solution besides buy a hardware interface?
  2. bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    When you make a multi-track recording, there is an unpredictable delay between playback and recording. Audacity tries to correct for this automatically, but this doesn't yet work on all computers.

If a new track is not synchronized with the others, you can zoom in and use the Time Shift tool to drag it to the correct location