1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Audere Pro JZ3 programming

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Guiseppe, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    After enjoying my preamp for several months, I've finally gotten around to experimenting with the different modes that can be programmed into it. Their sales/tech isn't open today, so I was hoping someone had experience with them and could answer a question for me.

There are 9 possible modes on the JZ3 that configure the Z-mode switch and allow for different pickup loads. I have read the Audere chart on which modes are in what position, but I am scratching my head, because my understanding was that the 'mid' position is always going to be the default (uncolored) setting. My confusion is centered around the first step I just found on their instructional video - (Select a Z-Mode Switch position, toward neck, middle, or bridge).

Can each position (neck/mid/bridge) then be programmed with it's own mode?

WesW likes this.
  2. Audere

Audere Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 7, 2005
    South Beach, OR
    Owner: Audere Audio
    Each Z-mode switch setting is programming including the middle switch position.

For example, some players like to have the switch go brighter to darker with each position change - the Mid Z-Mode setting on both pickups might logically occur when the switch handle is toward the bridge and the middle switch setting would be one of the darker settings.

WesW likes this.
  3. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    Got to say, your company impresses me! I wasn't expecting to have Audere pipe up with the answer! That speaks well of your product that you're scanning to see what people are saying and doing with your product.

WesW likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020