1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Audio Interfaces compatable with Vista

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Doo Wop, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Doo Wop

Doo Wop

Apr 26, 2007
    , Maryland
    Are there any Audio Interfaces that are compatable with Vista?

I looked into the Toneport UX2 but after reading the Line 6 website, they say it is not compatable, and do not know when they will have the drivers to make it work.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

2. hunta

hunta

Dec 2, 2004
    Washington, DC
    There are a number of interfaces which will work. I use a Focusrite Saffire Pro/26 (on XP) and the website says it will work on Vista. A lot of the unsupported ones will work on Vista with some fiddling. How well they work though, that's another question.

3. Doo Wop

Doo Wop

Apr 26, 2007
    , Maryland
    I am beginning to think that it might be better to dump Vista and install Windows XP.

4. I think the Presonus interfaces are Vista compatible, so you might want to look into those. Several of the M-Audio interfaces have Vista drivers, but as far as I can tell there are no 64-bit drivers.

If you are running 64-bit Vista, make sure you check for that support specifically, because it looks like some manufacturers have drivers for 32-bit Vista but not 64.

Dan

5. hunta

hunta

Dec 2, 2004
    Washington, DC
    If you have that option I would definitely do it. Vista runs much slower and has a lot of compatibility problems on top of that.

6. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    That's what I would do. You couldn't pay me to run Vista. Not yet anyway. New does not necessarily mean better.

7. Doo Wop

Doo Wop

Apr 26, 2007
    , Maryland

Well when I purchased the HP laptop, the only ones available had Vista. I just checked into changing over to XP and I was told it could be a real hassle because HP doesn't like to give out the drivers for the change over to XP.

8. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I would check out their web site and see what kind of drivers are available before listening to one word from HP's offshore support.

9. Doo Wop

Doo Wop

Apr 26, 2007
    , Maryland

Kevin, good advice. I am going to check them out.

10. Doo Wop

Doo Wop

Apr 26, 2007
    , Maryland
    I did check my current system and I am running 32 bit Vista instead of 64 bit.

I hear that some interface's are compatable with the 32 bit Vista.

Any ideas?