1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Audio Kinesis TC115 Thunderchild Cab Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rufusbass, Jan 15, 2018.

1. rufusbass

rufusbass Skype Bass Lessons Now available.

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    $499.00
    So here we have a very nice Audio Kinesis cabinet.
    Have an earlier model TC115 Cab Mk.1 I believe- it's a lightweight wooden construction with the painted finish-around 40 lbs ( -maybe a pound or two less)

It features the optional rear firing (defeatable) tweeter.
    Has four rear firing ports which come with the rubber inserts to make it a sealed cabinet if preferred..
    Also has the tilted "foot" handle on the bottom to allow optional anglisng of the cabinet if so desired.
    This a Loud, 4 OHM cab, nice response-not harsh at all..
    Condition wise ...It's in very nice shape with a few nicks to the painted finish, but nothing terrible at all-I would say it's in easily VERY GOOD CONDITION to EXCELLENT.. and as I would PREFER a local Los Angeles sale, I will include a bag of the touch up paint/coating from Duke himself too!
    $500.00 CASH please, NO trades.
    I think this is a steal for this cab. Great sounding and very protable powerhouse single cabinet.
    PLEASE scroll down to later replies for MORE pics!!!!
    I can discuss shipping, though FEDEX quoted me a LOT, I am gonna inquire at UPS to see if there's a better price to be had from them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    $575.00-Price Drop of $100.00 off original post.
    Local Sale Preferred SoCal area..
    Cash Please. No Trades.

seang15 likes this.
  3. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    C'mon let's get this moved-$500.00 cash. I am not up on the latest TB Rules regarding payment, but if Venmo is allowed, I would prefer that as it incurs no fees, and selling for $500.00 is a pretty damn good deal on this cab methinks...
    You're of course welcome to let me know if I am breaking some rule mentioning Venmo.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  4. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Northeast
    Could you please add a rear picture? Also, is there a 4/8 ohm switch? Thanks!

5. UmamiBass

UmamiBass Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Would you be willing to ship to Ohio if the buyer pays for shipping?

6. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Hey there-
    Yes I think that is do-able...I don't have a suitable box, but I think Fedex will box it up properly...
    I had a PM from another TB-er too, with same question-I'll look into costs and then I will let folks know..
    I could call and ask 'em for an estmate to see if that would work...
    Send ( or PM me ) with your zip and I can ask...

7. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Update- According to FEDEX, to ship across the country, it's gonna be ( Ground shipping) in excess of $300.00 ...I gave the guy the Audiokinesis website exact cab dimensions and weight...Seems insanely high.
    I guess a local sale still makes more sense...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  8. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    499.00 Local Sale Los Angeles area. . I'll throw in a Brand New set of La Bella nickel roundwound strings too..:)

9. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    These are fantastic cabs.
    What an insane price.

rufusbass likes this.
  10. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Thanks.. yeah, maybe it's too cheap. Perhas I should put the price back up...Can't believe this hasn't sold.

11. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    IMG_3741.jpg IMG_3740.jpg The weight is approx 38 lbs on my crapola Ikea scales! And- here's more pics- NOTE- I DO have the other 2 orange port bungs/ inserts- this is just so you can see the removability of them...
    IMG_4028.JPG
    IMG_4029.JPG IMG_4030.JPG IMG_4031.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  12. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    This is an amazing cab....at this price it is a ridiculous deal. Wish I lived near you. I had one of these with the tweeter on the back. Just a beautiful sounding loud deep airy articulate cab. The only reason I sold mine was because I wanted to build my own cab and Duke helped me design the cab with tons of feedback and tips. He is a class act and really knows how to build cabs that sound great at a gig. Someone should buy this or you should try it at a gig.......bet you will keep it!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  13. srcTW

srcTW Practicing my tail off Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Houston Metro Area
    Definitely not right. I’ve shipped a number of cabs they must be assuming air shipment or something.

14. roccobass

roccobass Still funkin’ in the free world. Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2014
    California
    It' GROUND SHIPPING per the seller's earlier post. The SHIPPING weight is what we don't know. I can't believe this cab hasn't sold to somebody in the L.A. area yet. Yes, I would've loved to consider this if it was 12".

15. srcTW

srcTW Practicing my tail off Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Houston Metro Area
    Ok. Well the cost is obscene so I am simply suggesting a miscommunication. Sheesh.

16. rufusbass

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Hey-you know, I think you could be right- I specifically asked the guy at the store if it was GROUND....BUT, how can I put this politely...He wasn't perhaps the sharpest knife in the drawer...Sadly, ( and this is only my exeprience here in LA) a lot of workers dont actually know a lot about the prioduct they sell...I thought the cost was ridiculous myself.. I might schlep it to a UPS store and ask them

roccobass likes this.
  17. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Having shipped a few cabs the best cost is to buy a box from Home Depot and get some packing material and tape and ship it yourself. Probably have to do some
    cutting and measuring to get a good size to protect the cab and keep the costs down.
    The minute you go to a Fed Ex store or a UPS store they hit you for not only shipping fees but labor fees to box it up.
    Every part of the process they touch they mark up. I'm not sure if dropping off at Fed Ex drop off center or a Fed Ex store which one is cheaper.

18. roccobass

Jun 25, 2014
    California
    Sorry. Wasn't trying come off as ticky tack. My apologies. Turns out you may be right.

srcTW likes this.
  19. roccobass

Jun 25, 2014
    California
    Rufus, you don't already have a box to fit the TC, you might try checking out your local Guitar Center or (S). t At mine, they just throw out the cardboard in stacks outside the back door. Heck, any music store might. Some might charge you a fee. I had a mom and pop music store who wanted $10 for their boxes. Even if you don't use this for the TC, it might come in handy for future sale items.

20. UmamiBass

UmamiBass Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Shipping out or into LA or NYC can raise the cost a lot more than other parts of the country. I've shipped basses into both places, and paid significantly more in both cities than in other areas of the country. Last cab I shipped cost me about $60, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot more for major metropolitan areas.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021