1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Audiokinesis Changeling 15. PRICE DROP!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by strost, Mar 8, 2018.

1. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Price:
    I know everyone says they don't want to sell what they are selling or that they are crazy for doing it but....

I am probably crazy for doing this.

I'm selling my Audiokinesis Changeling 15. One 15" bass driver, 4 3" mids (2 front, 2 back), 3 switches that change the low mids, highs, and the power going to the rear speakers, 3 pluggable rear ports. 40lbs (maybe a bit under). Lightly used. 1 gig, 5 or so practices, the rest of the time it was safely at home.

I picked up the marvel of modern audio technology a few months back. It sounds amazing! It's hella loud and has a variety of great tones (due to switches and ports). It's the best sounding cab I've ever played through.

For those unfamiliar with Audiokinesis, see this link:

Hathor 1533

There is also a very good thread here on talkbass.

The Changeling 15 is basically a Hathor 1533 (see link above) with 2 3" mids added to the back to help with dispersion and to help the band (drummer) hear the bass player. It totally works! The drummer and everyone else could hear me much better.

I will not go into more detail about the cab here. I imagine whoever gets this knows what it is.

I am parting ways with it because I found a good 2-cab solution that means I don't have to lug a cab to practice 1-2 times a week. I like the convenience of that and can't justify keeping this just play at home or just to play at practice.

$800 plus shipping (so buyer pays shipping). This is as low as I want to go.

The only trades I'd consider are any Barefaced cabs (especially Big Baby 2 or Super Compact), Mesa Subway 210, and Greenboy F112. It's not that I think these are better than the Audiokinesis, I am just curious to play them.

Thanks!
    -Steve
    20171204_200704.

20171204_200802.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    TrentB, wave rider, svtb15 and 5 others like this.
  2. bonin in the boneyard

bonin in the boneyard Supporting Member

You crazy.

3. Where in Virginia?

4. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Blacksburg. Not very close to you.

5. Nope

6. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

Oh man. drool

Interested in an Acme LowB1, Aguilar GS112 (I have three), or Baer ML-112?

7. fesem

fesem

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Wow a fellow audiokinesis user in Blacksburg and your name is Steve as well! Do you play out. I'm in a few local bands although not playing out a ton, 3 Minute Lovin' has been around for a while and at least in past played out a lot. I have a version 1 thunderchild and a hathor 1203. Good luck with you sale.

8. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Hey. I've seen you guys! I'm in the Mud Daubers. We play at 622 from time to time and random other events. Didn't know you had Audiokinesis stuff! Want more?

9. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Thanks! But those are not quite what I'm looking for.

10. fesem

fesem

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Sorry need to sell some cabs at the moment. See you guys are on Henderson Lawn on April 14th. I'll try and make it down, give a listen and say hello.

strost likes this.
  11. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    This here is truly an amazing cab. Go check out the Audiokinesis thread. It’s really informative!

Lowendtech likes this.
  12. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Let’s try $800 plus shipping. Surprised no one has jumped on this.

JdoubleH and Lowendtech like this.
  13. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    What is the weight on that bad boy?

14. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Just under 40lbs.

Lowendtech and 3rdcurve like this.
  15. McFarlin

McFarlin Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    For portability to output ratio, I can't imagine how it gets better than this.

I have the regular (Hathor) version without extra mid drivers. If I were to do it again, I would go for the Changeling version seen here. What surprised me (besides the loud, punchy performance) is how easy it is to carry. The dimensions and handle placement allow it to be easily and comfortably pulled-up to the chest/abdomen, so the (low) weight sits right over the legs. And it's narrow enough to make navigating doorways or drunk crowds not seems so frustrating. Plus, the side handle shape and top strap both make it fine for a one-hand carry. To me, it's actually more comfortable to carry than the 1203. Outstanding piece, ahead of its class.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    strost and Lowendtech like this.
  16. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Thanks for this! The lack of interest so far makes me reconsider selling! Someone buy this before I change my mind! Open to interesting trades.

17. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    And SOLD! On its way to the great white north in the morning. Thanks Rich!