1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Audiokinesis Thunderchild TC212 (v2)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JeffLieby, Jun 17, 2017.

1. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    Price:
    This cab is in very good condition as can be seen in the photos. I am the third owner (the original owner took delivery on it in December 2015).

This cab is compact and lightweight with perhaps the ultimate tall and narrow form factor and only weighs 47 pounds! (see Specs below). Thunderchild cabs are known to provide an accurate, even, balanced, clear and consistent tone. You will really hear the character of your amp and your instruments with this cab!

Here are the Specs from the AudioKinesis website:

Thunderchild 212v2:
    impedance
    4 ohms
    dimensions 34.5" tall x 14.5" wide x 14.5" deep
    weight 47 pounds
    sensitivity 97 dB
    power handling 900 watts RMS
    -1 dB at 62 Hz with normal tuning
    pluggable ports give two ported and one sealed option
    top end switchable between 3.5 kHz and 18 kHz (-3 dB points)
    Another switch toggles between smooth mids and a bit of grind in the mids
    Woofers stock Kappalite 3012LF

Thunderchild 212

One cosmetic thing to note is that according to the original owner, the cabinet was received from AudioKinesis with an inconsistency in the wood on the left side near the bottom (see pics 6 & 7 below). It does have the same Duratex finish over the inconsistency as the rest of the cab and you can really only notice it if you get up close and look for it. Other than this very minor cosmetic issue, the cab looks and sounds fantastic! Thanks for looking!

The cab is located near Houston, TX.

$800 shipped via PayPal

IMG_4273.JPG IMG_4274.JPG IMG_4275.JPG IMG_4276.JPG IMG_4277.JPG IMG_4278.JPG IMG_4279.JPG IMG_4280.JPG IMG_4281.JPG IMG_4282.JPG IMG_4283.JPG

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Lowendtech and lo-freq like this.
  2. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Awesome TB'er here guys! Jeff is a cool dude and great guy to deal with and AudioKinesis cabs are excellent!

3. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    Price reduced!

4. UmamiBass

UmamiBass Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    How well do these cabs handle low B strings? I've been considering going with one of these or a Greenboy.

JeffLieby likes this.
  5. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Very well > fat and clear with authority! :bassist:

JeffLieby likes this.
  6. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    ^What he said^

With the port plugs removed, the low B is huge! They can be added back in, and it sounds like a better version of a traditional bass cab. For the record I am almost certain that I have decided to keep this and add a Hathor to my collection also. This just sounds way too good, I'm not sure I can justify letting it go.

bassbooty likes this.
  7. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    After much deliberation, I decided to make this baby available for sale again. It is absolutely killer, but I am fundraising for a home studio.

8. jdthebassman

jdthebassman play to live live to play Supporting Member

duke makes the best cabs in the biz buy this great cab. waiting on my Hathor custom 18 4 ohm cab review to come

JeffLieby likes this.
  9. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    You are right on the money! This thing is going to make a killer cab for someone.

10. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    Sale pending... :bassist:

bassbooty likes this.
  11. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    Sold!! This baby will be off to its new home in Canada this afternoon!

VonSledgehammer likes this.
  12. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Wow. If I'd have known you'd ship to Canada I would've got on my horse up here myself.
    Congrats on the sale.
    If the lucky buyer cares to out himself, I'd love to know if he lives anywhere near me. I'm dying to check out an AK cab.

JeffLieby likes this.
  13. JeffLieby

JeffLieby

Dec 25, 2007
    Orange, TX
    It is heading to Toronto

14. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Wheee. That's only an hour away.

Now to find the lucky person.

15. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Please mark thread 'sold'.

Elias86 likes this.
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021