Autodesk Fusion 360 CNC software and the Guitar Engine add-in

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Walter Tromp, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Walter Tromp

Walter Tromp

Feb 6, 2021
    Hi everybody,
    In another thread I have told that I use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create my 3D drawings. I think it is great software with very professional features. There is an educational and non-commercial use license available.
    Because of the zillion possibilities it may take time to find your way, but don't let that stop you. There is a lot of documentation, tutorials en youtube instructions available.
    Some days ago I stumbled upon the youtube channel of a guy named Brad Anderson. He has written a add-in for Fusion 360 called the Guitar Engine. I installed it and it is very impressing! A must see for all CAD users/guitar-luthiers.
    Check out this link:
    and
    Have fun!

BishopJP, Flying B and Gilmourisgod like this.
  2. Flying B

Flying B

Apr 29, 2018
    That's very cool

3. DrRock321

DrRock321

Jul 27, 2020
    I use AutoCAD/Microvellum at work. How is fusion 360? Is it like AutoCAD/Inventor/3dsMAX combined?

4. Walter Tromp

Walter Tromp

Feb 6, 2021
    I am not an experienced autocad user so I can't compare them. No doubt you can find info about the differences and simularities on the web. Fusion can be used to make 2d drawings, make 3d models out of that and generate NC files in the CAM workspace.
    Have a look at several tutorials and you get a good feeling of the program.

5. Callan

Callan

Oct 29, 2014
    Central NY
    Been using Fusion for a few years (just making bodies with it, at the moment), then I stumbled upon this a few months ago. Great, easy add-on. Hopefully carving my first test fretboard this weekend! I've used it to design a few bodies already with so much ease.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2021