1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Avatar B210 2x10 bass cab (4 ohm, 500W)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ArteK, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ArteK

ArteK Supporting Member

Price:
    $250
    United States
    Avatar B210 4 ohm 500W bass cab in very good condition

This is the one with the lighter speakers, so it weighs about 45 pounds. It has 1/4" and Speakon jacks, and big recessed carrying handles.

NOTE: This is a FOUR ohm cab. Good news: If your head says [email protected] and [email protected], this cab takes full advantage of that higher power rating. Bad news: For heads that go down to only four ohms (which is many, of not most heads), you cannot combine this cab with another one to "move more air". I've used this model cab with a 500W head (SWR SM-500) in a dual lead guitar five-piece band and it was never lacking in pushing sound.

This is my third Avatar bass cab. I had another 2x10 (4 ohm model), and a 2x12 cab. I really like their cabs. They're made in the US (Idaho, to be specific).

Avatar Speakers – Factory Direct Speakers For Musicians Since 1992

It has the black carpet-like covering, not tolex (not sure if that's apparent from the pictures). For some folks, that's an issue.

I have added four casters on the bottom for easier transport.

This is too big and bulky for shipping, so it's local sale only. I'm willing to drive a bit in MA and NH if you're willing to meet me halfway.

It's a very nice cab in very good condition that hasn't been played out all that much. (I've been playing smaller gigs for quite a while now.)

I bought this as a brand new factory second on eBay, although I can't really see the defect. It's priced about half the price of a new one.

tempImage0tV3VE.png tempImagesXL06H.png tempImageM3TWup.png tempImageZwDPlr.png

2. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    I used this same model on stage with a loud rock band for about 2 years and about 175 shows. It held up perfectly. GLWS!

shoot-r and ArteK like this.
  3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    GREAT cabinet!

Avatar Neo 210 cabinets, one of the best kept secrets in commercially made bass cabs!

Been gigging with "two" of these stacked as a vertical 410 since 2008.

If we were closer I'd make it "three!"

4. ArteK

ArteK Supporting Member

I suspect I'll end up keeping this as my backup "big rig" speaker.

I'm old and no one I play with is going to require me to play louder than this thing will get with a 500W head driving it.

shoot-r likes this.
  5. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Wish you were closer. Love my Avatar stuff, but I've never tried a 210. Dave is great to work with, and his cabs are are very nice quality without putting you in the poorhouse.

My little ol' practice room stack is a stack of SB-126 mirrors, and a B-115 topped with a SB-112. Couple kilowatts. Alembic Alembic F-1X preamp and SF-2 Superfilter. Keeps the mice away... I might could squeeze a 210 in there somewhere. :laugh:

2017 & 1967 Starfires.jpeg

Good luck, hope you find a home for that box.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021