1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B|Amp as DI ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SteveC, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Am I crazy? I currently have a Nano+ that has my tuner, compressor, drive, Rols IEM receiver and JDI. Works great. Small. Easy. Sounds good.

I need a new amp for home practice and occasional jazz gigs. I’m thinking kill 2 birds. Dump my pedals and just use the B|Amp as a DI or as a head.

Thoughts?

2. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    I think you are one of the consumers Jim had in mind

3. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    My concern is where to place the head at gigs. I suppose on the floor under my synth. Not sure about a $1,200 head sitting on the floor at a bar gig.

4. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    Does anyone make extension shelves for keyboard stands?

5. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I'll have to research. There's also the option of keeping my pedal board set up as a backup or bar rig and use the Bergantino for church, home practice and smaller gigs with no FOH.

Stu_Bass likes this.
  6. j.albert

j.albert

Oct 15, 2014
    California
    I resemble that remark, right down to the tuner, compressor, and overdrive on a Nano+. I'll miss the floor tuner but I think I can pull off a gig with just the B|AMP, a cab, a cable, a stand, and my bass.

7. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    Get one of those nifty clip on thingys. Reverb gives them away

8. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    The B|Amp is a great option...but no need to keep a B|Amp on the floor, as Jim offers a wireless foot pedal (player can save different settings) to control the B|Amp... IMG_3568.JPG
    ...btw, the DI is very high quality, too!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    rodl2005 likes this.
  9. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I decided to leave my set up as is and keep using my pedal board. Just easier. Went with a Magellan 800 and BA12-3 for my home practice and occasional jazz gig amp. Pretty happy. I’m sure the B|Amp would be awesome as well but I just don’t need all that it does.

svtb15 likes this.
  10. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Although the B|Amp would be cool. IDK. Maybe I need to side bybside them and see. Order both, keep one and send the other back.

11. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    I've no experience with Genzler products, but they get nice reviews...

A key factor with the B|Amp is knowing your investment isn't becoming obsolete. It's always subject to improvements, and you can download the next update in seconds. It's a real paradigm shift to owning an amp, as it just keeps staying "new and fresh"...

rodl2005 likes this.
  12. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    forte might suit you. Just a thought

SteveC and rodl2005 like this.
  13. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Have thought about that. Price is right. But for $300 more you can get all the things so...

kevk and rodl2005 like this.
  14. With the B|Amp's features. .. I use it just as much at home. ..headphones in, phone (mp3 player) into aux in - which has its own volume control....etc .... I find that I get a great sound outta the headphones and the sound my bass is producing there and then. ..is totally useable onstage. A lotta amps don't quite match this as well. The sound I get thru the phones doesn't translate to the stage sound as well.
    Either way. .. it's a great amp, with unparalleled features. And, yes. ..a world class DI too. I've had nothing but excellent results and high praise from sound engineers about it.

15. j.albert

j.albert

Oct 15, 2014
    California
    A D'Addario NS Micro Tuner is discreetly hiding on my headstock...

16. it would be neat if the headphone could drive your iems and the aux in could be taken out of the speaker but routed to the phones ... and add a limiter :)