1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

b18n

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by patrickss, Nov 7, 2010.

1. patrickss

patrickss

Dec 12, 2009
    i found on ad's near my home a b18n portaflex in good shape

how mutch do i would pay for it???

it is a good buy or i am better with a b15n or other model?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    we're not allowed to discuss prices with people who don't have supporting memberships, but there is no such thing as a bad portaflex.

3. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    What is original? Is it in mint condition? The more info you can give the more accurate the guess.

4. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Tell us what sort of music you play, where you're playing it, what tone you like, how loud you need to get, and whether you'll have mains support in rooms that are larger than tiny. I had a new B18 decades ago and traded it shortly after I bought it. I had a used B15, too, and traded that as well. Money down the drain. Decent amps? Sure. But not for me, nor for the work I was doing at the time. Assess your requirements beforehand.

5. patrickss

patrickss

Dec 12, 2009
    i play rock, metal but i want an amp to play at home and then i want a amp i would not lose money if i have to sell it !

i think the portaflex have a good resale value!

you can see the rig i have in my signature!

and i love vintage stuff!!!!! and tube amp

i am looking too for a svt2pro ....another story!

what price and dollard was taboo for non-supporting member! :(

i already know the portafler have the reputation to be excellent amps and i have a idea how it sound like but i dont know the sound difference between the b-12 /b-15/ b-18

for sure the b18n should sound bigger and deliver more power than the other one!