1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Backing track player for iOS

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Peke, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Peke

Peke

Jun 7, 2008
    Parainen, Finland
    Can you recommend me a good backing track player for iOS?

I play bass in a trio which have no drummer and we are playing few shows every now and then with beats & drums via backing tracks. I made drum tracks with GarageBand live drummer and export them to iTunes, but in live situation the iOS Music app is not very handy. Some kind of setlist maker would be a great addon. Thanks in advance.

2. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009
    Look up One Track.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Novation Launchpad, with the in app to load any of your own clips. (Through Dropbox for me)

But - it does not do MIDI, so you can't use another app or pedal board to control it.

And if your looking for a MIDI controller, this guy looks cool
    Livid Instruments
    GuitarWing_image_03-400x300.
    Clamps on to any guitar or bass. Wireless, they have a free an app for IOS for controlling FXs. No free clip launcher, but anything that understands MIDI could use it to launch clips.

Now after saying all that, for straight forward drums checkout iRealb. It lets you add in a piano also.

4. Zephrant

Zephrant

Dec 10, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Now that thing looks neat. Could it send the midi to an iPad, which the triggered the tracks?

I'm looking for something that would let me trigger certain tracks during a song, and didn't really want to be tied to a pedal device, keyboard, or anything like that. This would be something I could hit without wherever I am on stage, without missing notes.

5. Peke

Peke

Jun 7, 2008
    Parainen, Finland
    Have anyone tried BackTrax app? Noticed that besides setlists you can add lyrics too.

seamonkey likes this.
  6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Livid has some video's on it, and how to hook it up.
    It's USB Class compliant, so the wireless dongle should plug into the camera adapter for an iPad

Or you can use a USB midi host like
    iConnect4
    or
    Kenton MIDI USB Host