1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Baer Valkyrie

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by double8vb, Mar 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. double8vb

double8vb Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Price:
    $1850
    Valkyrie #6 of I believe 10 produced (I think Roger Baer kept 2 for himself). I’m the original owner. I purchased this amp new in December of 2013. A really wonderful sounding amp with an amazing EQ. The EQ is very studio-like, more similar to a channel strip EQ than most bass amps. In pretty much mint condition. Not very many hours on this amp. I have more amps than I need and I’m looking for purchase some other gear. This is a extremely well built and great sounding bass amp and fairly rare. You can check out the Baer Amps website for more details:

Baer Amplification Valkyrie Bass Guitar Amplifier

If you have any questions, please ask. This will ship in the original box, rack case shown in photos not included. Buyer pays shipping.

Attached Files:

2. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Unicorn.

aproud1 likes this.
  3. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

:wideyed::jawdrop:drool ooh. I'm a mess now.

4. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Whoa!!! A Baer Valkyrie! This is the first one I have seen come up for sale on TB. What an awesome amp!

5. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Geez. Please give me some excuse not to buy this amplifier now!

double8vb, are you open to any trades, partial or whole? Thanks.

6. double8vb

Nov 28, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm looking to buy some other gear, so if you happened to have the gear I'm looking to buy then I might be interested in a trade. Some of the gear is pretty new so I don't think there is a lot of it out there but I'm looking to buy:

Bergantino B|Amp
    Bergantino REF112
    Bergantino REF210
    Bergantino NV212T

Thanks for your interest. This is a really special amp but I'm just not using it enough. I have a / 13 TBL200 and a Heritage SVT along with some lightweight Class D options so what I consider my more traditional bass amp sounds are covered.

7. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you. If I had those Bergantino cabinets, I wouldn't be trading them away. ;)

I have to sleep on this tonight. If tomorrow your Valkyrie is still available, I'll have to take a stand. It won't last long!

Lowendtech likes this.
  8. Quality amps. GLWTS!!

9. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

I have an 800w Tardis Monique and a Sadowsky SA200 ... and I'm still tempted by this Valkyrie.

Good luck with sale. Hope it goes before I do something dumb.

Groove Doctor likes this.
  10. I've wanted to try one of these since they first came out. I didn't realize he only made 10 of them! I'm surprised more people haven't ordered them.

11. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    The problem isn't the demand; it's the supply. The production couldn't be sustained.

12. double8vb

Nov 28, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Sold!

Lowendtech and monsterthompson like this.
  13. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    For real.

baer valkyrie unicorn snaxster.png

ahc, monsterthompson and Lowendtech like this.
  14. Lowendtech

Snaxster likes this.
  15. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Though we have yet to meet, yes... he is my unicorn. :D

My thanks to double8vb for the chance!

Lowendtech likes this.
  16. Lowendtech

Congrats. I'm extremely jealous by the way. But very happy for you. Please post a bunch of stuff about it when you get it. I will be watching for it.:thumbsup:

Snaxster likes this.
  17. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you very much! Don't be jealous, though. :) It is simply my turn to carry this torch. In mid-2015 I wrote Roger to ask about the possibility of new Valkyrie production. Then a year ago January, I hesitated for a few days and let Buffalo ill's one for sale get away. This time I needed less than a day to consider it.

For sure, I will post about the Valkyrie. With a bevy of beautiful cabinets, including an ML-112 Series 1+ (with the crossover upgraded by Roger in its manufacture), and my collection of vintage tubes, I am ready for audio Valhalla (figuratively speaking).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Lowendtech likes this.
  18. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    It's the best amp ever made, period. Too beautiful to live.

Snaxster likes this.
  19. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    :laugh: