1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Band in a box.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by H2ODog, Mar 13, 2008.

1. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    I borrowed it from a friend and have no manual. The HELP feature is off because i'm using Vista. All i want to do is setup some chords with just a guitar and drums to play along to but if i don't choose a STYLE no sound, and if i choose to use a STYLE i can't seem to get rid of the instrumnets i don't want.

So if you only want to hear the chords you assigned with just guitar and drums how do you do it?:help:

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Right click on the instruments you don't want. They turn "red" and off.
    Or right click on "Combo" everything turns off. Then right click on the instruments you want to hear - they turn un-red.

3. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    Thanks for the info. One more question. If i turn off the styles but still have chords in it will play but with no sound. All i really want at this point is to be able to hear the chords i input without anything else (no styles).

4. element365

element365

Jun 17, 2007
    I've wanted to know how to do this as well. I just want some simple guitar chords looped so I can practice my walking.

5. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA

Exactly, that is what i want to do. Seems simple enough but haven't found how to do it yet :meh:

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I imagine one of the styles is just a basic play the chords, but I haven't looked for it.

So instead
    When you enter a chord enter three "." after it
    C...
    Or right click and select "Chord Settings" and Rest type of "Hold Chord"