band name

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by evil spastic, Jan 8, 2004.

1. great name

0 vote(s)
  2. good name

2 vote(s)
  3. ok name

21 vote(s)
  4. bad name

15 vote(s)
  5. crap name

24 vote(s)
  1. is the band name "BAD DREAMS" any good ?
  2. unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
    Its not a bad name I suppose but could think of a better one (not right now tho). Whats the bands style?
  3. erm, we play nirvana , system of a down etc.
  4. Ben Jammin'

Ben Jammin' Guest

Jul 13, 2003
    Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
    play indy music, then you can be called wet dreams!
  5. har har , how many times have i heard that one ?
  6. Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    Seems a bit weak and puny for Nirvana ,SOAD, etc in my opinion. Currently can't think of any but there are a few threads with other band names in that are quite good.
  7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    it sounds OK. but also kind of weak.
  8. No, thats an atrocious name. Call yourselves, Jimmy Earl and the Great Grand Babies.
  9. it beats officer chaos by a longshot though.
  10. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    "Bongo Sherbert and the electrified yeti warblers"
    Go on - you know it makes sense!
  11. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Or if your sound is a bit heavier try-"Morbid sheep farmer" :bassist:
  12. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    It's an ok name but sort of bland as others said. Maybe something like Lithium Quotient or something that makes people have to think about the name. just my $.02
  13. i dont like nirvana or soad. but regardless of what I listen to, that name 'bad dreams' is just plain horrible.
  14. A friend of mine from LI, NY (and a GREAT bass player) was at a meeting with a band years back for three hours while they went back and forth about a name. He hadn't said anything until that point. Suddenly, in an annoyed tone of voice, he said:
    "How about "Sonny and the F***tones"?"

Ten minutes later, they decided on a name. NOT the one he suggested!
  15. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Angry Suburbanoids   or

Raging Against The Washing Machine

16. Hey try this one: Foolproof I recon thats a cool name. use it if you want, probably taken.
  17. Or "debarcle at the Laundromat"..... :)
  18. hey, get a name which is not a common word, you would want people to search you up in google, right?

Maybe badreams? ;)
  19. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    I don't really like Bad Dreams as a band name, and remember that its better to have a totally unique band name, I'm not definate, but I'm willing to bet if you do a search here you will find a lot of bands with that name!

Keep thinking is my advice, get something truly original :).

Edit: Damn there is no bands registered with that name, bet there is some somewhere though as not every band registers :p........................ :(
  20. Pirate

Mar 6, 2004
    That name doesn't catch anyone's attention. I wouldn't use it but I am sure that there is a band that does use it.