Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by K5s, Nov 29, 2010.
I need some ideas for a Alternative/Punk rock band names.
Go to Wikipedia, hit "Random Article", and see what you get.
Sometimes, you can get some awesome stuff. If not, keep clicking.
It's great for naming ideas.
You are, presumably, a creative type - are you not? If so, then use your imagination! Why would anyone want to outsource the creative process to someone else?
At the end of the day, isn't "non-creative musician" sort of an oxymoron?
William Shatners Pants
Asking other people to name your band is not punk.
How about the K5's?
Old Kids on the Block
Thanks everyone. By the way i wasnt asking for you to name the band but to help with inspiration for a name that sounds cool but is also special to me and my friends.
How would we know that?
Little Men from Italy Who Didn't Know Diddly
Here are a few links to check out:
Infamous band names
Online naming websites
You might want to define your terms when you ask for something. Maybe you wanted you wanted an idea from the subconscious or unconscious mind?
1. any content of the mind, esp the conscious mind
2. the thought of something: the very idea appeals me
3. a mental representation of something: she's got a good idea of the layout of the factory
4. the characterization of something in general terms; concept the idea of a square circle is self-contradictory
5. an individual's conception of something: his idea of honesty is not the same as yours and mine
6. the belief that something is the case: he has the idea that what he's doing is right
7. a scheme, intention, plan, etc.: here's my idea for the sales campaign
8. a vague notion or indication; inkling: he had no idea of what life would be like in Africa
9. significance or purpose: the idea of the game is to discover the murderer
10. (Philosophy) Philosophy
a. a private mental object, regarded as the immediate object of thought or perception
b. a Platonic Idea or Form
11. (Music / Classical Music) Music a thematic phrase or figure; motif
12. Obsolete a mental image
get ideas to become ambitious, restless, etc
not one's idea of not what one regards as (hard work, a holiday, etc.)
that's an idea that is worth considering
the very idea! that is preposterous, unreasonable, etc.
[via Late Latin from Greek: model, pattern, notion, from idein to see]
Usage: It is usually considered correct to say that someone has the idea of doing something, rather than the idea to do it: he had the idea of taking (not the idea to take) a short holiday
BEST BAND NAME=== WASTE
think about it.. haha
"WASTE BAND" lol
"The Screaming Whore Moans"
My old band was called "Save your Money stay at home"
For some reason no one ever came to our shows...
Yes you were.
Then you needed to use the word inspiration in the OP.
Maybe you were looking for the word "concept"?, as in "concepts for a band name".
Something like this:
Concepts: Blood, death
Possible name: Red Skulletons
Band name: Stop and Smell the Roses
I also suggest you spend more time on improving your limited vocabulary by reading and studying more.
This will be of great value in writing lyrics, communicating with others (girls) and hopefully get you into a decent college/trade where you'll be able to impress other with your vast knowledge and experience.
That is what happened when I just smacked my keyboard. Inspired?
Not really sure if that's special to your friends as I don't know any of them, but its special to me and we can be friends if you want.
Magnetic Dryers Stealin' Change
MDSC for those scoring at home