1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Barefaced Big Baby II (BB2) Gen 3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by GeeBass, Aug 28, 2020.

1. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    Price:
    UPDATE: SOLD on 9-24-20. Thanks to all that viewed, posted and PM'd !

Barefaced Big Baby II (BB2) - Gen 3
    – steel grill version.

The cabinet is exactly as new – has never been gigged, or out of my climate-controlled and smoke-free home since I purchased it new.
    This one has only 4-5 hours of at-home play time, just to check over cab when it arrived.

Without a doubt, this is one of the best and most potent small and portable high-end boutique bass cabs out there today.
    It makes as much volume as many 2x12s and 4x10s, while weighing ONLY 29 pounds! See SPECS from Barefaced below.
    It's unbelievably capable when used as a standalone cab - and also a fabulous extension cab for added presence in larger venues.

Lots of discussion and raves of this cab on the TalkBass forums, and the manufacturer info is here: Barefaced Bass - Big Baby 2

Bass Player Magazine's highly favorable review of the Barefaced Big Baby II (Gen 3): Read the full review here

A really important feature of this cab is the remarkably flexible and natural sounding tweeter and attenuator setup.
    The 'smart' attenuator when reduced will actually re-direct the highs to the 12” driver – by altering the crossover frequency point.
    A whopping amount of low end for a cab this size, can be produced by the custom-designed high-excursion 12” driver and finely tuned cabinet porting.

$950 shipped to CONUS.

SPECS:

Dimensions: 22" high x 17.7" wide x 14.6" deep
    WEIGHT: 29 lbs (w/steel grill)
    PISTONIC SENSITIVITY: 97dB
    USABLE FREQUENCY RANGE: 30Hz - 20kHz
    RECOMMENDED AMP POWER: 150-800W RMS
    NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
    Max continuous broadband & LF SPL: 127dB
    Similar to what a high quality 2x12” or 4x10” cab can manage before the lows fail to keep up with the mids.

upload_2020-8-28_15-47-38.png
    upload_2020-8-28_15-47-55.png

upload_2020-8-28_15-48-13.png

upload_2020-8-28_15-48-27.png

upload_2020-8-28_15-48-40.png

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    eddiebo, lo-freq, CosmicRay and 2 others like this.
  2. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Wow, and you're close by, too. If I didn't already have two of them myself ..... :D

GeeBass likes this.
  3. GeeBass

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    Dave64o: If your amp accommodates a 2.67 ohm load - JUST THINK how slammin' 3 of these together would sound !! Just sayin'....and you're close by too... LOL

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Yikes. My Genzler will do 2.67 ohms so I could make use three of them. :eek:

For that matter, my D-800+ will do 2 ohms. So I could actually do FOUR of them. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

GeeBass likes this.
  5. GeeBass

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    This as-new BB2 is still available - hit me up via PM if interested in purchase.
    It's packed up in the original factory box/packing, and ready to ship - or for a local sale pick-up. I would consider a drive to meet up with a local buyer.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021