Baretta's Theme

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Joe Garage, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
  2. Yea, great stuff!

Most TV shows form the 70's had great theme music.

If they had the money they got great writers and band directors like Mancini and also got great studio ace's to play these themes. It was their bread and butter.

Economics and technology kind of killed that.

EDIT: What, Hennery Mancini and no Peter Gunn?? they ought to be ashamed of themselves. :D

Found it under a 60's theme though.

Cool site!
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

That would be the great Abraham Laborial, Sr.
  4. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    Never heard of Abraham before. Is there any thing else he's done that's worth checking out?
    I didn’t even know bassists used tapping in the 70's.

I have bought a lot of 70s soundtracks Chunk-O-Funk, and yes it's a shame that the film studios later became so greedy that they replaced the musicians with drum machines and keyboards.
  5. The guy simply is a monster on bass. He is one of those studio ace's that have been on hundreds of tracks, check out his web site and look at his credits and you will know what I mean.

There are allot of recordings he has been on plus he has a couple of his own.

One I have is GRP Live In Session.
    it has a mix of artist for the GRP label in 1985 and Abe is the bassist. Great stuff.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    DAMN! I remember watching Blake years ago & memorizing the words! LOL! Killer playing, never realized how much was going on in that tune! Claypool totally "copped" some of his style from that!

PS: Who sang on the Baretta song, Sammy Davis Jr., Isaac Hayes or ???.
  7. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks! To bad none of the video lessons or the audio links at his site worked.

8. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Does anyone know who played on the Alf theme? I recall some pretty neat slaps and pops in that song.