1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Baritone ABG?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matt"bass", Oct 19, 2006.

1. matt"bass"

matt"bass"

Oct 20, 2005
    Hull
    Is there any makes of Baritone acoustics out there? im down on the whole baritone thing so im not new to it, but i just was thinking ive never seen a baritone acoustic before, do they even exist?

cheers for any enlightenment,
    matt

2. joninjapan

joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan

look for one of these*BM6C Thunderhawk

3. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
  4. matt"bass"

matt"bass"

Oct 20, 2005
    Hull
    haha $5000 hmm that'll be the day.

Thanks alot though guys at least now i know they exist and where to get one!

Thanks again.

5. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
  6. AGCurry

AGCurry Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2005
    St. Louis
    I have an Alvarez Yairi acoustic baritone guitar. It cost me around $1100 new. It's basically a jumbo. Very distinctive sound.

7. Acoustic baritones seem to be very rare, and most I can think of have already been mentioned. But, there's one more that springs to mind, the Avante, designed by Mike Tobias and Joe Veilette and sold by MusicYo. I think I like the looks of it, but I can see that many won't:

Avante3.jpg

Joe Veilette also makes baritones in his own shop, but I expect them to be many times dearer than the Avante.

There are also classical style, nylon string, guitars around, like this Aria bass guitar:

[​IMG]

It has a 700 mm (27.6") scale, and is tuned in B. Many classical and flamenco guitar builders make these, and also contrabass guitars, tuned an octave below a regular guitar.

Myself, I'd like to try a Tacoma, as I've heard so many good things about them. But as they are a bit too expensive for me right now, I'll keep a look out-, and wish, for a budget Olympia version. And if I wasn't so hesistant to buy instruments from non-European dealers, I would probably have bought an Avante already.