1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bart p's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sax_man, Oct 4, 2008.

1. sax_man

sax_man

Mar 27, 2007
    :help:I have tried searching for this on this website among others, including the Bartolini website. I have as yet to find the answer.
    I recently bought a p body that has Bart pickups in it. It looks like someone has switched wires around sometime in the past. My 2 questions:

1. The Pickups say Bartolini on the face, but I am unable to find any marking on the pickups to indicate what model they are. How can I find the model?

2. I haven't been able to come up with any diagrams of what the wiring on the the back of the pickup would look like originally. Does anyone have the wiring schematic for the Bart p pickups?

I also was given a brand new Bart TBT tone control that I would like to wire up with these pickups. I was able to find a schematic for that, but I am at a loss as to the correct pickup wiring.

Any help is appreciated. :confused:

2. membluz

membluz

Sep 3, 2001
    Winnipeg Canada
  3. sax_man

sax_man

Mar 27, 2007
    Thanks for the replies, but I already have those diagrams. I also recently put a Dimarzio Split-P into a bass. The wires on these pickups have obviously been changed. The 2 wires running from the neck PU have been soldered to points on the bridge PU. The Bridge PU then has a red, green, white, black, and bare wire soldered to different contact points. I also see what appears to be 2 other contact points that don't have wires attached to them. This is in addition to the 2 wires coming from the neck PU.
    These Barts seem to be a different animal, so I'm trying to find out specifically what the original wiring scheme to these should be. There seems to be a shortage of this type of basic information on the Bartolini website.
    If anyone thinks they can help, I can e-mail a fairly good picture of the backs of these pickups.
    I also have been over every side of both PU's with a magnifying glass, and I don't find marking to indicate a model. The person that I bought them from said they were probably 20 years old, if that means anything.
    Thanks, Bryan

Attached Files:

4. membluz

membluz

Sep 3, 2001
    Winnipeg Canada
    Bryan - I have a new in the box set of these somewhere in my basement. I'll look for them later and let you know what the factory wiring looks like.

Tony

5. sax_man

sax_man

Mar 27, 2007
    Thanks Tony, I would appreciate that.

6. membluz

membluz

Sep 3, 2001
    Winnipeg Canada
    Bryan - these are not in any way like my Bartolini 8CBP set.

I have no idea how you'd wire these.

I suggest you call Bartolini at 1-386-517-6823 and speak with someone at technical support.

Best wishes with your project.