1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bartolini 59J-L1 and 59J-LN1 Hum Canceling 5-String J Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Jefenator, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Price:
    These are J-style pickups meant for a 5-string bass that has both pickup routs the longer 3 3/4" bridge length. (I removed them from a Yamaha BBG5 and replaced them with a set of Sadowsky 5-string J pickups.) Please check your bass body carefully to make sure it is physically compatible (the neck pickup is slightly shorter on traditional designs - this will not fit that).
    fb-2 10.54.41 PM.
    The neck pickup has 8 3/4" of lead left and the bridge pickup has 10" (way more than enough, unless you're doing some kind of crazy double-neck build...)
    Both pickups work fine. They have shielding built in and they cancel hum as intended. I would recommend using them with a Bartolini preamp that bumps the gain up. (A lot of Bartolini pickups are like this. I found the output was somewhat soft for passive use but I was still getting that nice, dark, chunky Bartolini sound.)
    Screws not included.
    Asking $85 OBO, shipped CONUS. For now I would prefer to sell both as a set. PayPal preferred. I will ship First Class Parcel. (Can ship Priority if you want to pay the extra postage.)
    Trades: looking for a high-quality vintage vibe 4-string P-bass pickup, possibly a P neck, P passive wiring components, Sadowsky pedal. But I'm open to ideas...
    Thanks for looking!
    fb-1 10.54.41 PM.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. Hey Jefenator, would you take $80 shipped for both? My zip is 25411. I will pay through PayPal.

3. Jefenator, I just looked at the pic of the bottom of the p/u's. Are these the single coil (S59J-1) or the twin coil humbuckers (59J-1). Thanks

4. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    A sale is pending with another buyer. Will let you know if that falls through.
    These are NOT the single coil model.

5. OK great, thanks. Let me know if that falls through.