1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini pickups for an ibanez 6string

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mark-oj, Mar 7, 2008.

1. mark-oj

mark-oj

May 26, 2006
    sydney australia
    hey guys..i have a 1998 model ibanez sr506 6 stringer..it has stock ibanez adx pickups in it though....does anybody know which bartini pickup would sound even better in my bass than what the 2008 model sr506 comes with (bartonili mk pickups).

regards, marko :bassist:

2. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    My wife just asked me which blouse she should wear to work today.

Isn't your question about on the same level?

3. mark-oj

mark-oj

May 26, 2006
    sydney australia
    ok my mistake..
    i play old school rock, jazz and heaps of funk(slap)..i really want that vic wooten sound..but i also want like a warwick thumb sound aswell..nice smooth bottom ends..but snappy tops for the slap and pop...my bass is also active..there are just so many bartolini active 6 string soapbar pickups..i dont know which ones to buy...and which will match the sound im looking for..does anybody have any ideas?? :confused:

4. @war

@war

Feb 29, 2008
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Endorsing Artist: Cort basses and Hartke Amps
    I have never really liked the Bartolini pickups... too throaty and airy sounding. I modded my Ibanez Soungear 6 by installing EMG soapbars and EMG 3 band preamp with parametric mids... That setup gives me all the sounds I need, from slap to fingers to muted thumb-style.
    ps... as far as I know, Victor Wooten uses EMG's in his Fodera's too...